Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

What an upset.

That is the times when people think Anthony Joshua is invincible...

Anthony Joshua suffered his first loss at TKO 7th Round.

Think Anthony Joshua can't break Rocky Marciano 49 straight wins record as a Heavyweight Champion.

I think Rocky shows Anthony Joshua that how important is stamina. Once Anthony Joshua tired and slowed down his pace, this opponent will turn the tide over.

Tyson Fury and Wilder's comments on AJ

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Will69
This was a good entertaining fight to watch.  Especially when you see AJ getting beaten up bad by a short fat guy.  Ruiz almost literally mopped the floor with AJ.   Joshua was out-boxed and out punched by an underdog.  Still, it was strange that this happened.   I will have to look into the back story in more detail and comment again later.

Joshua's hand speed was really good - better than Fury's even.   And AJ typically has great stamina, so why did he gas-out in round 3?  It seems like a repeat of Wlad-Corrie Sanders.  As well, there's no way a short guy like Ruiz should be able to reach AJ with solid right-hands to his face and head, all night long.  Joshua did comment beforehand that fighting Ruiz would be a risk (interesting).  But it would be a bigger risk to fight Wilder.  In any case, AJ's stock went down, but as Fury alluded, this could be a "one-of".  All the ATGs have had an off night and lost fights to lesser opponents.  Let's see the rematch!

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Here comes the Scorecard...

Judges look worried for their scorecards...

Okay. Now can throw the scorecards into the bin, waste Judges' time for writing them...

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

The judges were biased towards AJ.  After the 2nd round, I would have given every round to Ruiz.  Andy was clearly the aggressor after round 3, with AJ running from him and trying to survive the rest of the fight.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Ruiz came from absolutely out of nowhere seemingly and shook up the entire heavyweight division with this one shocking defeat. I was rooting for AJ (we have the same initials...ha!) But it’s random shock upsets that make the sport exciting.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

this is precisely why I haven't really spoken much on these new top tier heavyweights. None of them have really proven themselves and could drop the ball on any given night. Deontay may have the best record so far but until he fights a real war with a genuine great fighter I'll have my reservations.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Westmoreland
No surprise here. AJ only beat Klitschko because he was old and wasn't prepared for the shootout war AJ put him in. This is why he should never overhype these new cats. Inevitably they let you down.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

redfeng007 wrote

Think Anthony Joshua can't break Rocky Marciano 49 straight wins record as a Heavyweight Champion.

You ALWAYS find some way to mention Rocky Marciano in each of your threads!! lmao

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Sivul
Ruiz fights like a man possessed. When you hurt him he comes right back after you for the payback!

AJ looked psychologically defeated at the end and imo he would get killed in a rematch. Ruiz would certainly jump on him and AJ wouldn’t last long.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Joe Kingman
Administrator
AJ gives an honest reflection of his loss here. I think he's at his house.

https://youtu.be/Ohuf1yRror0

-Joe Kingman

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Andy Ruiz Jr used to spar with Holyfield in 2011.

https://youtu.be/XNmFB2eJWvg

Holyfield chooses to outbox Andy Ruiz Jr.

Jab, hold and move.

Remind me of David Tua sparring session.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Will69
Man, AJ  looks worse and worse everyday.  Here, an old Holyfield, who was washed up TEN years before the video was made, and was very likely a grandpa during this sparring session, outboxes and contains Ruiz with ease.  Joshua must have had a really bad day that night with Ruiz, or as someone else said, AJ was just a well-marketed commercial product made to bring some money and excitement back to UK boxing.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Tyson Fury scores another 2 Round TKO against undefeated 24-0 Tom Schwarz...

Detony Wilder recently scores one round KO on Breazeale

Anthony Joshua should have fought Fury or Wilder earlier to secure his Champion position...

Now both Fury and Wilder, are producing much better results than his first loss.

AJ is just in a tight spot between both of these winners...

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Will69
bum. bum. bum. bum.

I will say though, the management has got the formula half right.  They're getting opponents who are actually big.  The part they're not getting right is they're selecting the opponents from alley behind the bar.  Stat's don't seem to count for much these days.

Schwartz was so bad, he barely threw any punches the whole fight.  Just at the end, where he comically launched a flurry, and Fury just leant back and laughed.  Tyson was making faces at Schwartz in the last round - he obviously thought this match was a joke.

Wilder vs Breazeale was similar.  You'd almost say if Donnie Long was around today, he'd be heavy weight champ .

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

LOL!! I remember Donnie Long.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

Will69
Joshua vs Andy Ruiz jr. II is on! December 7, 2019. I wonder how this is going to turn out.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr defeated Anthony Joshua in 7th Round.

This punch changes everything for Anthony Joshua.

AJ throws combination to finish Ruiz, but exposed himself to counterattack.

Combination is always a big gamble even for Great Joe Louis.