Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Zombies Ate Me
Found this terrific article on who would beat Lennox Lewis! Check it out fellas!!         http://www.thesweetscience.com/article-archives/722-heavyweight-greats-who-wouldve-defeated-lennox-lewis

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Shane
Why do you sound so happy about this? Bud, I've never seen anyone so chipper about an article.

With that said, I agree with most of his picks. I'm assuming he doesn't pick peak Tyson to beat Lennox since he wasn't included on this list.

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

I disagree with him that Lewis failed to hurt Evander in two fights. Lewis had Evander finished in the 5th round of their first fight. Evander was helpless against the ropes, but Lewis didn't finish him because he thought Evander was setting him up for a trap. There were times when Evander was briefly hurt in the rematch by uppercuts. But I do agree with him that peak Evander would beat peak Lewis.

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Zombies Ate Me wrote
Joe Frazier would always cream Lennox Lewis.

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Friday The 13th...
I think this guy is really really biased against Lewis. There's a big chance Lennox could beat Foreman and Liston. This guy basically gave him no chance at all. Geezus.

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Evan Fields
Good read. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Man_Eater wrote
I think this guy is really really biased against Lewis. There's a big chance Lennox could beat Foreman and Liston. This guy basically gave him no chance at all. Geezus.
I think he's biased when it comes down to old school vs. new school.
But he's possbily biased against Lewis also.

I wouldnt be surprised if Lewis beats everybody on the list.
Besides Larry Holmes maybe, I think Holmes outjabs Lewis.

Prime Ali was also special, I don't know if Lewis would be able to deal with the movement.
If Prime Ali faces a guy who prefers fighting outside over inside, he's having a blast. That's why I'd pick him over Lewis and the Klitschkos. Riddick Bowe would be a tougher fight for Ali.

Lennox vs. The Great Ones article

http://www.thesweetscience.com/article-archives/722-heavyweight-greats-who-wouldve-defeated-lennox-lewis

Please chime in your thoughts.  I think the guy makes plenty of valid points, but I don't know
who wins those fights. Especially with Sonny Liston I'm not as confident as the writer.

With Ali, Foreman and Holmes I'm on his side. I think prime Holmes was too skilled and tough as nails.

I also believe he overlooked a guy who'd have a great chance to win due to his style, jab, head movement, handspeed, power - Malik Abdul Aziz.

Re: Lennox vs. The Great Ones article

xGhostRiderx
Lennox has what it takes to beat every great fighter. But they can also beat him. Lennox is one of those fighters who I would never bet against, he's one of the few who can overcome most anyone.

That article is looking back on the past with rose tinted glasses. Over-hyping of old fighters is getting tiring now.

Re: Lennox vs. The Great Ones article

I agree, but he didn't say that all great fighters from the best clean the floor with Lennox easily. He only named five. Personally out of those five I would pick two over Lennox (Ali and Holmes), with the other three (especially Liston) I'm not sure at all. Although I believe that Lennox is more comfortable for Evander to fight than Bowe because Lennox doesn't sweep inside like Bowe.

He said the chances are given that Marciano and Frazier lose.

Guys like Norton, Tyson and Dempsey haven't been mentioned at all.

Re: Lennox vs. The Great Ones article

Welcome back, Moejoe. We have some Vitali threads I want you to check out.

Vitali's Legacy

Vitali > Lewis?

Re: Lennox vs. The Great Ones article

Moejoe wrote
I agree, but he didn't say that all great fighters from the best clean the floor with Lennox easily. He only named five. Personally out of those five I would pick two over Lennox (Ali and Holmes), with the other three (especially Liston) I'm not sure at all. Although I believe that Lennox is more comfortable for Evander to fight than Bowe because Lennox doesn't sweep inside like Bowe.

He said the chances are given that Marciano and Frazier lose.

Guys like Norton, Tyson and Dempsey haven't been mentioned at all.
I'd back Lewis against Norton but its a weird fight because both had suspect chins. If you threatened to strangle my chihuahua I'd go with Lewis.

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Maybe Holyfield is trying to trick Lewis to come closer to him.

Holyfield recovered very fast and waiting for Lewis to make his fatal mistake.

It is very dangerous for Lewis to fight close range with Holyfield.

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Just read this again. I pick Lewis to beat Foreman, Liston, Frazier and Marciano.

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

It's Dale
It's a nice read, though I disagree with some of it, especially short changing Frazier. Lennox could never be ready enough for that guy.

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

I love Smokin Joe, but Lewis would dispatch him early, probably with the uppercut. I just don't see Joe lasting long enough to find his rhythm against Lennox.

I used to pick Foreman and Liston to blow out Lewis but now I doubt it. He might fight cautious against Liston but he'd break him down with the jab and counters over the course of the fight. Once Liston tires,f I think Lewis would knock him out late with a 1-2 punch combo just like Leotis Martin did.

Because of George's size, Lewis would be forced into a brawl. But Lewis was the smarter between the two and a great counter-puncher. Foreman's looping haymakers would leave him open for that signature Lewis right hand. Each time Foreman was dropped, it was by a right hand. And Lewis could really crack with his.

Re: Article about beating up Lennox Lewis!!!

Bumping this old thread

Re: Lennox vs. The Great Ones article

Apollo wrote
Guys like Norton, Tyson and Dempsey haven't been mentioned at all.
Probably because Lewis mops the floor with all three of them.