Best Way to Train Mid Section in Boxing

Will69
I'm always amazed how a HW can take a punch from another HW in the stomach and look like nothing happened. I've heard that Sly Stallone, in Rocky 4, asked Dolf Lundgren (who was a real Karate champion) to really hit him in the chest. The result was Sly, who was in peak body-building condition, woke up in the hospital ICU from that single punch. So, what is the best way of training the mid section so that you can stand up to a solid heavy weight punch or a Joe-Fraizer flurry?

Re: Best Way to Train Mid Section in Boxing

Rosco
Will69 wrote
I'm always amazed how a HW can take a punch from another HW in the stomach and look like nothing happened.  I've heard that Sly Stallone, in Rocky 4, asked Dolf Lundgren (who was a real Karate champion) to really hit him in the chest.  The result was Sly, who was in peak body-building condition, woke up in the hospital ICU from that single punch.  So, what is the best way of training the mid section so that you can stand up to a solid heavy weight punch or a Joe-Fraizer flurry?
Houdini died from a body punch. I don't think there's a real way to suffiently not get hurt from a real heavyweight body punch. It is ironic though that Foreman couldn't hurt Ali to the body but Frazier hurt him bad in two fights with body punishment. (In the rematch Ali clinched so Joe couldn't dig at the body so much)