Best fighters the Klitsckhos would beat

I don't see them ever beating a peak Tyson, Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Liston, Frazier or Louis, but who are the best fighters they'd beat? Floyd Patterson, Earnie Shavers, Max Baer? Tony Galento? How would they hold up against Jack Dempsey?

Re: Best fighters the Klitsckhos would beat

Shane
Depends on which brother you're talking about. Jack Dempsey was used to fucking up big dudes like the size of the Klitz, but the Klitz are much more talented than big oafs like Jess Willard or Luis Firpo. I say he knocks out Wlad without any real problem, but Vitali would give a better fight and lose on points to Jack.

Wlad has a vulnerable chin but had the skill to knock out Earnie Shavers. Floyd Patterson was good but he loses to the Klitz...they had too much power for him and Floyd lacked confidence when he fought guys who were intimitating to him like Liston and Ali. I do think the Klitz would beat most of Joe Louis' opposition, but Wlad better stay on his toes against Tony Galento.

Re: Best fighters the Klitsckhos would beat

I'd like to see Sonny Liston fight Vitali. Vitali had the chin to survive Sonny and possibly the skill to brawl with him. I think Liston would win a decision in a close fight because I don't see him stopping Vitali unless it's on cuts, which is another possible outcome. Wlad would get murdered by Liston.

I'd like to see Floyd Patterson fight the big russians too. I agree that he would get knocked out but the fight would have it's exciting moments. Floyd had an explosive attack.

Re: Best fighters the Klitsckhos would beat

I don't see them ever beating a peak Tyson, Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Liston, Frazier or Louis, but who are the best fighters they'd beat? Floyd Patterson, Earnie Shavers, Max Baer? Tony Galento? How would they hold up against Jack Dempsey?
Butterbean, Michael Moorer, Holyfield (if he tries to trade all night) George Chuvalo, Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore, Jimmy Braddock, Shannon Briggs (I know Vitali beat him but he always would). There are lots of good fighters the Klitschkos would beat, actually.

Re: Best fighters the Klitsckhos would beat

Zorro
Vitali would beat guys like Max Baer and Earnie Shavers for sure. I think Wlad had the skill to not let Shavers bust that chin but Max Baer would connect with something.

Both brothers would beat Floyd Patterson. I'm sure of that.

Re: Best fighters the Klitsckhos would beat

Evolution
I sparred with Wlad and he can punch. He and his brother are underrated. They don't just have size, they have skill. They have power. They're good heavyweight champions. Of course all time greats like Ali, Frazier, Holyfield, Holmes and others would beat them. But Wlad and Vitali belong in the bottom of the top ten or top twelve at least.

Re: Best fighters the Klitsckhos would beat

Shane
Both brothers would beat Rocky Marciano. I have to be real here. They wouldn't let Rocky get close enough to get inside and work the body. They were too big for Rocky and could knock him out.

To be fair, Rocky could knock out Wlad if he caught him clean on the chin but Rocky would have to leap high in the sky to land that one.

Re: Best fighters the Klitsckhos would beat

I don't see them ever beating a peak Tyson, Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Liston, Frazier or Louis, but who are the best fighters they'd beat? Floyd Patterson, Earnie Shavers, Max Baer? Tony Galento? How would they hold up against Jack Dempsey?
I really hate looking on these old posts of mine because my opinion has really flipped over the years.

It looks like I really, really underestimated these guys.

Tyson: Too small, and lacked heart in most of his wars (The Ruddock fights are the one exception). Tyson has a puncher's chance against Wladimir, but that's about it. The brothers are too big, and would shut Tyson down as he tries to get close.

Ali: He'd dance circles around them. Easy win, but they might tag him a time or two because of their long range.

Lewis: I pick Lewis over them because of his experience against better competition. Vitali would always be an awkward fight for Lewis, however.

Holmes: Holmes was slick enough to get a decision over both brothers. His movement and constant jab flicks would keep them on defense nearly all night.

Liston: Liston may have a real puncher's chance against Wladimir, but that's it. Both brothers would shut him down using their size and skill, plus Liston (like Tyson) was rarely able to turn things around when they didn't go his way.

Frazier: Frazier would get KO'd early. He's too small, and the K-Bros would be smart enough to stop him before he starts "smokin."

Louis: I pick Louis to beat them both, because he knew how to get inside on the big guys and land his dynamite. He had quick hands, winning strategies and explosive power. Against Louis the K-Bros size would work against them.

Foreman: I could see a scenario where the K-Bros use their skills to frustrate and beat Foreman. But all the while, the Foreman of 1973-74 was fearless and I could see him running both brothers down. The Klitschkos were tough alright, but would they survive the kind of wrath Big George would bring them early? I doubt it. George honestly did not think he could lose, and I think psychology would play a role in the outcome of these fights.

Marciano: Like Frazier and Tyson, he'd be too small.

Dempsey: I'm still impressed with the way Dempsey routinely destroyed giants, but he didn't have the stamina to rampage for a whole fight and was kind of on the crude side. I think the Klits would figure him out fast and easy and break him down midway through the fight.

Jack Johnson: I think he would do really well but he may lose a decision or by knockout. He would make things tricky for them and last for a while. Even when he was older and out of shape, he did remarkably well against a prime Jess Willard until he was stopped.

Holyfield: Like Johnson, Holyfield would have his moments. He would see the end of the 12th round but he wouldn't win the fight.