Butterbean

49-0
Does he have even a remote chance against any of the all time great heavyweights? He's a fat slob but he can punch like hell.

Re: Butterbean

The dude can punch. He's one of the hardest hitters out there, but he got outboxed and embarrassed by a 52 year-old Larry Holmes. That about says it all.

To be honest, he might pull it off against someone like Michael Moorer, who has a habit of standing right in front of big punchers. (Foreman, Tua).

Re: Butterbean

You never know. If Butterbean decided to get in the gym and stop eating Big Macs he could of been able to make noise in the real boxing arena. Unfortunately he couldn't put the Snicker bars down. He hits really hard. He's got an advantage.

Re: Butterbean

I've never seen Butterbean throw a jab. Ever. He doesn't know how to bob or weave either. His defense is worse than Ali's. Butterbean just bores right in throwing wild haymakers. He can't cut the ring. His only chance at knocking out a quality heavyweight is if they stood right in front of him saying "Hit me...HIT ME!!" like Dee-Dee Pauka, mane.

Re: Butterbean

Duggerman has a real point. Even if Butterbean shaped up, how far would he make it without defense or knowing the basics? George Foreman was crude and wide open in his prime but at least he knew how to cut the ring. He even jabbed a few times. Butterbean hasn't done either. He's a guy who relies only on his power.

Re: Butterbean

Zorro
Yeah. Muhammad Ali did not know how to block a jab or parry. He fought with his hands down, too. But at least his speed allowed him to get away with such sins. Butterbean is an open target who throws wild haymakers; the perfect foil for a counterpuncher. Jerry Quarry would love target practice on someone like Bean.

Re: Butterbean

Seriously, though. Who is the best athlete he might beat? Kevin McBride, maybe? How about the 2011 version of David Tua?

Re: Butterbean

Evan Fields
I bet Butterbean might just beat David Tua if they fought today. I'm being serious. David doesn't like to throw punches, but Butterbean does. David's chin isn't concrete anymore. He'd get knocked out by the bean.

Re: Butterbean

Shane
The Gr8 One wrote
I bet Butterbean might just beat David Tua if they fought today. I'm being serious. David doesn't like to throw punches, but Butterbean does. David's chin isn't concrete anymore. He'd get knocked out by the bean.
Based off of David's terrible showing against Monte Barrett, you could be right.

Re: Butterbean

Urban Legend

Re: Butterbean

49-0
His power is scary and believe it or not he can take a beating. My knees would be shaking if he were staring at me from across the ring (and hungry).

Urban Legend that was one hell of a right hand. Good night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Butterbean

BAD INTENTIONS
I sparred with Eric before. Let me tell you something from personal experience...this man can punch like the dickens.

He's slow but steady. If you get careless for one second or cornered against the ropes it's all over.

Re: Butterbean

49-0
BAD INTENTIONS wrote
I sparred with Eric before. Let me tell you something from personal experience...this man can punch like the dickens.

He's slow but steady. If you get careless for one second or cornered against the ropes it's all over.
You sparred with the bean? How did you do against him? Did you get KO'd?

Re: Butterbean

Michelle
49-0 wrote
Does he have even a remote chance against any of the all time great heavyweights? He's a fat slob but he can punch like hell.

Oh dear God. How big is he?

Re: Butterbean

BAD INTENTIONS
I don't know how big he is now but he was right at the 400 Ib mark when I worked with him. (The heavyweight limit is 400 pounds).

He knocked me out several times. He's one of those bangers that hit so hard that you get numb and don't feel anything until the next day. I wouldn't stand in front of him and trade. He can take a punch really well.

Your best bet is to keep moving but it's only a matter of time before you're cornered against the ropes and he throws that right haymaker..

Re: Butterbean

Here is one of his MMA fights. I agree, Bad Intentions. Butterbean paws or feints with the left and then clocks you with a big overhand right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng-WznfWqV8&feature=related

Re: Butterbean

Michelle wrote
Oh dear God. How big is he?

Are you talking about in his pants?

Re: Butterbean

Watch Butterbean's MMA fight against Patrick Smith. Umm...let's just say it isn't pretty when Butterbean hits the mat. Nonstop giggle and flab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng-WznfWqV8&feature=related

Re: Butterbean

Michelle wrote
Oh dear God. How big is he?
Even bigger when in action.

Re: Butterbean

The Greatest wrote
Michelle wrote
Oh dear God. How big is he?
Are you talking about in his pants?

There's a sick thought if I ever heard one.
12