Butterbean versus Floyd Patterson

49-0
Don't laugh at me. I know Butterbean isn't on FP's level in terms of accomplishments and legacy but Floyd's chin was something horrible. If Ingemar Johanson could hurt him so badly, then what happens if Butterbean connects?

butterbean photo: Butterbean 05-Butterbean-1.gif

Bean or Floyd?

Re: Butterbean versus Floyd Patterson

Rosco
 Of course Patterson was much faster and would spring on Butterbean to land the knockout blow first. But when he closes the gap he's vulnerable to Butterbean's haymaker. But Patterson was a great defensive fighter and I think his speed and attack allows him to knock out Bean first.

Good matchup dawg. Never thought of this one before..

Re: Butterbean versus Floyd Patterson

George Jefferson
With all that peekaboo defensive movement from Patterson I doubt Butterbean lands the monster haymaker he needs to put Patterson away. Patterson also had a great jab and lightning hooks. Butterbean wouldn't know what hit em.

Re: Butterbean versus Floyd Patterson

Zorro
Floyd puts himself right in range to get blasted out by Butterbean, and Butterbean had a great chin. Floyd didn't. Sometime during the fight Butterbean catches Floyd and hurts him bad and Floyd would not recover.

Re: Butterbean versus Floyd Patterson

It's over the minute Patterson lands something like this.

Photobucket

But if he fights Butterbean the scared way he fought Liston (bobbing and weaving but not throwing anything) then Butterbean hurts him and knocks him out. But I don't see Patterson getting knocked out because Butterbean was obsessed with landing the right haymaker..he didn't throw many uppercuts, which is the punch he'd need to throw with Patterson crouching at him.

Patterson knocks him out early because of his speed.

Re: Butterbean versus Floyd Patterson

BAD INTENTIONS
Talk about an intriguing match. I've taught several guys the peekaboo style and I know all about that style....Floyd certainly knew how to use it and was great at it....I used to spar with Butterbean and no one hit me harder in my life....Floyd could beat him up and knock him out easy but if he gets hit then its over. And with Floyd having to stand in front of him, it isn't looking good..... Floyd's best chance is to explode on Eric from the distance.

Re: Butterbean versus Floyd Patterson

Shane
If Floyd gets hit by Butterbean, he volunteered for it. I agree that Bean murders him if he clocks him but he punched so freaking slow. Floyd could knock out Butterbean 20 times before Butterbean ever lands a single punch.

Re: Butterbean versus Floyd Patterson

Westmoreland
All Butterbean needs is one punch. Floyd Patterson is one of the few heavyeight champions that Bean may beat.

Re: Butterbean versus Floyd Patterson

Re: Butterbean versus Floyd Patterson

Phantom Punch
Butterbean knocks him out. It'd be a repeat of the Liston fights.

This ain't a knock on Floyd either. A fighter with a glass jaw and fragile self-confidence (Floyd) against a (literally) hungry slugger with a reputation for destroying people in under 4 rounds?