Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Left Hook From Hell...
Chris Benoit was the WWF wrestler who killed his family years ago. The media blamed it on 'roid rage.' I'm not too sure. Here's a documentary about his death. Bret Hart and some other wrestlers are on it too. Could steroids have really played a part in making Chris go insane?
Were steroids the cause of the demise of the4 Benoit family?

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

redfeng007
Partly.

Chris Benoit also suffer from depression.

His working schedule is also crazy. Not enough rest days for him

It affected his marriage and family life.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

No one knows for sure. The three people who know what really happened are no longer with us.

However, in my opinion it may not have been steroids. I think Chris killed his wife in a moment of passion, felt guilty about it and then killed his son and then took his own life. I could be wrong, but if steroids can cause crazy behavior like this, then sudden tragedies like this would happen more often, right?

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

No one knows for sure. The three people who know what really happened are no longer with us.

However, in my opinion it may not have been steroids. I think Chris killed his wife in a moment of passion, felt guilty about it and then killed his son and then took his own life. I could be wrong, but if steroids can cause crazy behavior like this, then sudden tragedies like this would happen more often, right?
Bingo Duggerman. The documentary itself revealed that Chris had a bad temper that threatened his marriage more than once anyway. It sounds indeed like a fight that got out of hand. Hulk Hogan and Triple H used steroids far more than Chris Benoit and you don't hear about them freaking out that way. There was always a stigma against steroids anyway and this was the media's chance to exploit it.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

49-0
Regardless its a tragedy. Chris was one of the best technical wrestlers to live. He encorporated so many elements into his style and he was so strong. They called him the rapid wolverine for a reason.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Hit Em' Hard
I remember the hoopla regarding the circumstances of those deaths. It even brought Bret Hart out of hiding. The WWF came under fire bigtime for the steroid useage.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Hit Em' Hard wrote
I remember the hoopla regarding the circumstances of those deaths. It even brought Bret Hart out of hiding.
Bret Hart came out hiding before. He did a DVD in 2005 and went into the Hall of Fame in 2006.
He would've probably returned way earlier if it wasn't for the stuff that happened to him physically.

But it was interesting how, all of a sudden, he defended WWE as if he was still an employee of them. That was an opportunity for him to totally trash the WWE, but he elected not to.

I generelly enjoyed the media scrap when the Benoit thing happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCM-yAi2SWU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2utnI82Nru4

these two were really entertaining, although the bitch that is interviewing Nash is frustrating.
It was obvious they only got them on their program in order to push the controversy even more. Nash nails it in the end by saying "I know that's not what you want to hear".

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Katie G.
Entaowed wrote
Apollo I am not saying this due to disagreeing recently.  But I ask you *not* to use the word "bitch" when referring to a woman who does, or you believe does, have a bad attitude in any context.

This is the same as asking someone not to use "Nigger" when they are upset with a black i9ndividual.
Some even argue that these words can be used to put down folks of any sex or race.
That is a joke;, using a word inextricably linked with hatred & bias against a group causes toxic racial or sexual contempt however deployed.

When folks called others when they did this in casual conversation, likewise with words like "Faggot", ts less casual hate & discrimination.

You are not being censored, this is a request that isa moral call to decency.
Thank you..
Entaowed I think I love you.  Apollo said this in another thread which might explain his views on women

Apollo Creed wrote
I know this isn't thread for that, but I question: Why marry anyway? What benefits do you get?
I'm still young and even question currently: Why be in a relationship at all? I see more disadvantages than I advantages, although it's more understandable than marriage.

I bet Entaowed has one or two thoughts on this subject.
Who would want to be in a relationship/marriage with someone who thinks like that and constantly refers to women as bitches? If you ask me, staying single is best for people with this mindset.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Gosh, I can't believe it.

Ok, fine: This lovely and courteous lady, who was interrupting Nash all the time and educating him on something he has done for 20 years in an unfair way, was frustrating to listen to.

On a side note: Entaowed gave a reasonable worded critique. But Katie tried to get personal.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Wait, I just see that you quoted an older comment from me from a total different topic in a different subforum. What is this about and why are you bringing it up here? A total different subject was discussed there. Wow, that's about as low as it gets.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Katie G.
Apollo Creed wrote
Wait, I just see that you quoted an older comment from me from a total different topic in a different subforum. What is this about and why are you bringing it up here? A total different subject was discussed there. Wow, that's about as low as it gets.
It relates to your viewpoints on women. That's why I posted it. I'm not trying to get personal but it makes sense out of the way you view women and relationships.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

^ I don't know what view you are talking about nor do I see the relation. And I don't think my life is any business of yours. I got to ask though: What do you want anyway?

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Katie G.
Apollo Creed wrote
^ I don't know what view you are talking about nor do I see the relation. And I don't think my life is any business of yours. I got to ask though: What do you want anyway?
How can you miss it? You say you don't want a relationship and don't see the point in one or marriage. And you're also real quick to call women bad names. You don't see how having a negative view of women can dampen one's view on relationships? Really? It makes sense. I just don't know what sparked it.

You're right. It's not my business. I'm just voicing my opinion. But from what I gather you don't like women or close relationships with them, and you accuse African Americans of playing the "race" card when it isn't so. A young man was murdered in Fergusen just last month for being black. His hands were up and he was killed cold blood by the police of all people. You seemingly can't put yourself in the shoes of others when you can't relate to them and you push others away. This is just an observation I made from reading your posts.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Katie G. wrote
And you're also real quick to call women bad names.
It's not about the gender, it's about the issue. I also call men bad names at times.

Katie G. wrote
But from what I gather you don't like women
Love women, in particular attractive women. But I certainly dislike you. I also just sweeped through some of your forum comments and of course I noticed right away that you barely post around here, but when you do - and that's interesting - you quickly come in to stir the pot and leave again.

Just like the topic you recently opened "People like this scare me".... You wrote "He is sent here from the devil. No remorse at all. I'm so glad he isn't walking the streets anymore.". I don't defend this dude, but your entire use of language and your style tells me something about your character right there.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Katie G.
I am a friend of AJ. (Duggerman) I know him personally as do some others here. Not a troll. Sorry. I've been studying abroad lately and haven't always had internet access. Furthermore did you even watch the video I posted of that murderer? Do YOU like that criminal? Because I sure don't.

I don't care if you like me or not. You don't even know me. I was just voicing my opinion on why you may have bad relationships with women. It was just my observation. I could be wrong. Are you going to tell me to "go fuck myself dummy?" Yeah I remember that post of yours last year.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Katie G. wrote
I am a friend of AJ. (Duggerman)
Oh ya? A chinese dude in East Asia just ate a tuna sandwich and went to the toilet afterwards.

Katie G. wrote
 Are you going to tell me to "go fuck myself dummy?" Yeah I remember that post of yours last year.
No need to continue with your questionable style, because I already sensed what type of person you are. Smart fella over here.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Katie G.
I met AJ in college in the united states.

I don't know what you're implying with your tuna comment but whatever.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

Apollo Creed wrote
 you quickly come in to stir the pot and leave again.
Look who's talking. We once had a great thread about Riddick Bowe but it was you and your immaturity that got it closed. A little after it was closed you disappeared for about 7 months then came back and here you are trying to stir things up again.

Katie doesn't post much but when she does she's cool. If anyone likes to "stir the pot and run" its you.

Re: Chris Benoit: Were steroids the blame?

It's Dale
Katie has never been in any arguments or disputes on this site and she's been here for years. Apollo (Moejoe) is always in a stir. It's obvious who needs to go.
123