Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

This was hilarious. I never get tired of Chris' high voice. I understand the reasoning behind Lewis and Manny's refusal to fight him though. It would have been a bore, and Lewis always took more challenging fights; one example being when he vacated the WBA title to fight Michael Grant instead of John Ruiz.

Lewis: Are you done?

Chris: No, YOU are DONE!

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

Will69
Hilarious!  When was that press conference taken?  I liked how Manny called Chris out.

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

This was 2003, right after the Lewis/Vitali fight

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

Phantom Punch
Is it just me or did Lennox duck southpaws?

I'm not saying Lennox would lose to Bryd. But Bryd would make Lennox look bad. I'll give him that much.

Re: Chris Byrd challenging Lennox Lewis and Emanuel Steward

The Golden Jet
Phantom Punch wrote
Is it just me or did Lennox duck southpaws?

I'm not saying Lennox would lose to Bryd. But Bryd would make Lennox look bad. I'll give him that much.
Bryd might acutally BEAT this sloppy version of LEwis on points. This is why Lennox didn't want the fight. Chris was right. He DID look like Foreman in there against Vitali.