David Tua damn near killed Rick Honeycutt

David Tua damn near killed Rick Honeycutt

This is real early in David's career, when he was whacking everyone out early in the fight. David ducked Rick's left hook and countered with his own. Rick was unconscious for a good while. This is one of the hardest punches I've ever seen land in a boxing ring.

Re: David Tua damn near killed Rick Honeycut

Re: David Tua damn near killed Rick Honeycutt

Right on the chin. I've felt that punch before. Dave had so many gifts.

Re: David Tua damn near killed Rick Honeycutt

Phantom Punch
Rick might as well have gotten hit with a sledgehammer. Tua's power was unreal.

Re: David Tua damn near killed Rick Honeycutt

It was all punch here. I've seen guys hit walloped but not get hurt worse when they crash into the mat. Tua was a puncher. I think his punch is a threat to anyone if he lands flush.

BUT, one of Tua's problems is that he could never land that punch in emergency situations in his most important fights.

Re: David Tua damn near killed Rick Honeycutt

Will69
Rick looked like a punching bag.  Even Tua's punches sounded loud.  What's scary is that Tua had his left foot forward when he landed the kill shot.  Rick (or anyone) didn't see that coming.  I think the only sane way to take on Tua would be to outpoint him from a distance, unless your name is Ike.

Re: David Tua damn near killed Rick Honeycutt

Joe Kingman

Rick got hit by the whole island of Samoa right there!

Re: David Tua damn near killed Rick Honeycutt

Phantom Punch
I just watched this again. Absolutely beautiful. Joe Frazier and Tommy Morrison couldn't even hit like that.