Foreman v. Frazier

Re: Foreman v. Frazier

Shane
I don't have the time to sit and dissect every single round. I work. I have a life. I couldn't tell you the last time I had enough free time to sit and watch a fight. Hell, you're so caught up in your two month absence that you fail to notice I was gone for almost 6 months! I'm just now getting to post more.

No, dude. You need to chill. If you pick Foreman, fine. BUT I feel that he was too hesitant to pull the trigger. We both know that he could have blasted Frazier out of there again right away if he chose to. But he was careful of stamina and hesitant to throw a meaningful punch unless the opportunity was there. Because of this, Frazier looked good in comparison because he was moving a lot, though there was no ring general until Foreman hit the knockout blows.

And for the record, there is no "may not have been" bias. I wasn't.

Re: Foreman v. Frazier

Re: Foreman v. Frazier

Shane
I just watched it. Sorry. I still have Joe slightly ahead. But like I said before, it's a tough fight to score because neither man did anything until the end, though you're right about Foreman being cautious about waiting for the right oppotunity. Thats the same thing I said, and imo it costs him a few rounds.

I know what a ring general is, and neither man played the part in this fight, although George gradually took the role shortly before the kayo.

Re: Foreman v. Frazier

Re: Foreman v. Frazier

Shane
Ironically Joe faced someone who could cut the ring better than him. Foreman doesn't get much credit for cutting the ring down. Overall Frazier cut the ring better than anyone, but this time he played the "cute" boxer and Foreman played the aggressor, although a cautious, patient one.

Re: Foreman v. Frazier

I give Joe credit for even taking this rematch. Did anyone else notice that this was Joe's first fight after Manilla? You'd think he'd take a few easy fights after that one. But nope. He took on George Foreman of all people, and this was a daring move considering what happened the first time and Joe was never the same after that recent Manilla bout. Joe had balls.

Re: Foreman v. Frazier

Bugs
49-0 wrote
Frazier talking about the Foreman fight with Bill Cosby. LOL
At least he was honest and gave Foreman his full credit. Then again, he hated Ali and even went out of his way to say they didn't get along. I'm sure folks thought this was hype talk back then, but now he know that Frazier harbored deeeeeep hatred toward Ali and took it to his grave.
Eh....What's Up, Doc?
1234