Holyfield almost knocked out the ref!!

If Mitch didn't have great reflexes, he would have been laid out on the canvas!! lol. This was a beautiful left hook by Evander. Good thing the ref dodged it. Go to 38:27 to see what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/p7P--SmTAws

Re: Holyfield almost knocked out the ref!!

Left Hook From Hell...
Whew!!! I never noticed that! Thanks for revealing that.

Whose fault was it more? Was this Holyfield showing a lack of accuracy or the ref just being too close to the action?

Re: Holyfield almost knocked out the ref!!

You could blame either but I’d say Mitch Halpern was a little too close to the action.

Evander’s left hook is underrated. It was swift, often precise and had surprising power.

Re: Holyfield almost knocked out the ref!!

 photo holyfield-downs-nielsen_o_GIFSoupcom.gif  photo holy1.gif

Re: Holyfield almost knocked out the ref!!

That referee is Arthur Mercante Jr, not Mitch.

His father is also the referee for Ali vs Frazier 1st Fight.

And a childhood friend of Rocky Marciano... (49 Straight Wins Heavyweight Champion)

Most referees are ex-boxers.

They have gone through the same training and fighting experiences.

I am not surprised he could duck that left hook.

Mitch is the referee for Holyfield's 2nd fight against Lewis.

Re: Holyfield almost knocked out the ref!!

You’re right, Redfeng. My memory is bad sometimes

Re: Holyfield almost knocked out the ref!!

Since Arthur has such great reflexes...

That's why he got a small role in...

Killing the Walking Dead Best Fighter of all times...

End of the Road for him...

Re: Holyfield almost knocked out the ref!!

Yeah. Jesus died.....again.

Re: Holyfield almost knocked out the ref!!

Evolution
Evander didn't listen to his corner that night. They told him to feint with this left hook then surprise Lennox with his right hand. But Evander desperately wanted to land that left hook.