Holyfield v. Valuev

This fight still pisses me off to this day. Evander should have won this fight. He outfought Valuev, landed more punches and didn't show his age much at all. Valuev offered nothing but the judges robbed "The Real Deal."
What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y3TCQlEwRc

Was "The Real Deal" Robbed?

Re: Holyfield v. Valuev

Bugs
Holyfield had such a low punch output but he was far more accurate than Valuev. It could go either way. Holyfield didn't throw much but when he did he scored. But was it enough to win? Valuev was never in trouble.
Eh....What's Up, Doc?

Re: Holyfield v. Valuev

Zombies Ate Me
 116-112 Holyfield.

------HOLY VALUEV------
1st ~ 11/18 8/39
2nd ~ 8/14 4/21
3rd ~ 6/12 6/25
4th ~ 6/14 9/32
5th ~ 7/19 8/26
6th ~ 9/15 13/46
7th ~ 8/11 10/33
8th ~ 10/22 19/44
9th ~ 8/18 13/34
10th ~ 7/17 12/38
11th ~ 8/19 9/36
12th ~ 4/10 17/47

Holyfield
Jabs - 30/56 (54%)
Power - 62/133 (47%)
Total - 92/189 (49%)
Average - 8/16 (!) per round

Valuev
Jabs - 81/303 (27%)
Power - 47/118 (40%)
Total - 128/421 (30%)
Average - 11/35 per round

Re: Holyfield v. Valuev

Re: Holyfield v. Valuev

But only averaging 16 punches THROWN a round, was that not showing his age?
I meant he looked better in there than most 46 year-olds would. He could have looked a lot worse.

Re: Holyfield v. Valuev

redfeng007
Holyfield should have been 5 times Champion.

Re: Holyfield v. Valuev

It's Dale
You have to take the title from the champion. Holyfield looked better by comparison because he showed more movement but he still had a low punch output. You generally give the champion the benefit of the doubt in these kinds of bouts.