How to fight like Marciano (Video)

Kid Dynamite

Re: How to fight like Marciano (Video)

Good stuff! Short and sweet. But my biggest question is how would Rocky land the big overhand right on a much taller opponent? The way he swings it downward wouldn’t work on someone who’s 6’4.

Re: How to fight like Marciano (Video)

Good stuff! Short and sweet. But my biggest question is how would Rocky land the big overhand right on a much taller opponent? The way he swings it downward wouldn’t work on someone who’s 6’4.
That's a good question AJ. You can tell Rocky used to be a baseball player. The downside curve he does when he throws the overhand right is very tricky, and he threw each punch the way you throw a baseball, which is as hard as he could. My guess though is that his downside curve wouldn't work on a Klitschko brother or someone of similar size.

Re: How to fight like Marciano (Video)

I had forgotten that Rocky had something of a gazelle punch with his left hook. It was subtle but he did spring off the mat to land this punch. I am assuming that against bigger guys he would rely more on crushing them with that particular punch and using the Suzy-Q only when in perfect position.

Here is a video dedicated to his gazelle punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUuaz_ab5YY