I saw this movie called Shattered Glass

Re: I saw this movie called Shattered Glass

He was recently interviewed by Hanna Rosin, who was his best friend at The New Republic. It's a long but informative article.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120145/stephen-glass-new-republic-scandal-still-haunts-his-law-career

Re: I saw this movie called Shattered Glass

Phantom Punch
Interesting. Hanna Rosin was played by the blond girl in Shattered Glass, right? She defended Stephen almost to the death! Ya know I need to read The Fabulist because I'm kind of curious how Steve's life went after he was caught and what his former colleagues said about him and whatnot.

Re: I saw this movie called Shattered Glass

Becky
Phantom Punch wrote
Interesting. Hanna Rosin was played by the blond girl in Shattered Glass, right?
Sorta. The Caitlin Avey character played by Chloë Sevigny was a fictional character based on Hanna. Maybe Hanna didn't give them the rights to use her name?

This was a good article. Thanks for posting, AJ! Stephen had dropped off the planet for a few decades. It's good to see a new article with new information about him popping up every now and then, although he'll never move on from his journalism sins.

Re: I saw this movie called Shattered Glass

He was recently interviewed by Hanna Rosin, who was his best friend at The New Republic. It's a long but informative article.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120145/stephen-glass-new-republic-scandal-still-haunts-his-law-career
This part of the article struck me as interesting.

He still had the air of a nice boy who was about to theatrically help his grandma cross the street. Only something was a little different. He was more grounded? Or maybe masculine? For some reason it popped into my head that Steve had once wanted to write a story about how everyone thought he was gay but he wasn’t. He was floaty back then, undetermined, as if he could levitate in those white socks. But now he had lost that quality.
I'm guessing that he appears more mature and confident now, but still retains his bouncy ways?

Re: I saw this movie called Shattered Glass

Phantom Punch
Cool interview with Chuck Lane here where he goes in-depth on catching Steve. I listened to this in the car yesterday. It's worth a listen.

Re: I saw this movie called Shattered Glass