If you could pick an entourage...

J.C.
which boxer's entourage would you pick?

Ali had a pretty close-knit camp - Dundee, Perchaeco, Brown, etc.

Would you have a small crew like Ali or Frazier, or a big posse like Tyson or Lewis? And who would be in it?

Re: If you could pick an entourage...

Will69
I think nowadays, it's all about hype and show biz. If I never had to worry about money (so I could always pay these guys), then I would go nuts and get a big crazy posse together. (I'll also add the caveat that I would have to be an ATG so I could pull this off). So, my dream team would have: Falva Flav (from the 80s), solid gold dancers, run-DMC, security would be a couple of guys in bow ties from NOI, and I'd throw in a completely out of place character with every public appearance. ie: an opera singer one week, Noam Chomsky another week, Deepak Chopra the next...

Re: If you could pick an entourage...

Re: If you could pick an entourage...

Joe Kingman
Administrator

The Rock would go back in time and grab his former Nation of Domination buddies to watch his back. These jabronis (aside from Faarooq) were big parts of the initial success of The Great One.

Know your role, Jabronis, and smell what The Rock is cookin!

****Cue The Rock’s theme music****

-Joe Kingman

Re: If you could pick an entourage...

Zombies Ate Me
I think the close-knit groups are best. Team Frazier was a small group and everyone served a purpose, even Marvis had a small role when he joined Team Frazier. He wasn't just hanging around his daddy.

When you have those huge circuses of entourages, things go missing and other chaos ensues. I don't trust a lot of people and I think a big messy entourage is asking for trouble. People in Tyson and Ali's camps created even more problems for them. Case in point, Bundini Brown sold Ali's belt for crack, and Tyson's managers Horne and Halloway stole money from him. The less people you have with you, the less problems.