Is the Punishment & Backlash about Brian Williams, Fair & Proportionate?

Is the Punishment & Backlash about Brian Williams, Fair & Proportionate?

Is the Brian Williams 6 month suspension without pay a fair & necessary level of sanction?

Re: Is the Punishment & Backlash about Brian Williams, Fair & Proportionate?

I think it's a fair punishment. It happened a while ago and there have been far worse sins in journalism. Stephen Glass, Jayson Blair and Janet Cook are the biggest examples.

I'm actually surprised he wasn't fired. People in the journalism industry are quick to turn on each other when one of them makes a mistake.