Joshua, Wilder, and Fury

Will69
Just thought I'd open up a thread on these three guys, as there will likely be a lot of discussion on them over the next few years... (their names get mentioned in other threads and tend to take them over!)

Re: Joshua, Wilder, and Fury

Out of the three, I favor AJ the most, but admittedly, mainly because he fights so elegantly, and not because of his resume.  I also think a lot of it has to do with his cartoon-like super-hero body.  I think subconsciously we know super-heroes are supposed to look like that. But, I also give credence to what Briggs said in an interview once about Wilder.  He said you can't discount Wilder -he's got skinny African power that can really surprise you and knock you out.  Overall, I'm a bit at a loss when judging this new crop of giants -Some people rave about Valuev, and his record is great, but I'm hesitant in calling him an elite fighter, yet I have no problem saying that Lewis and the Klits are/were.  Back to the topic, maybe the trick to defeating Wilder is to try to get inside and staying there. Maybe the trick to defeating AJ is to try to knock him out within the first 6 rounds, before his reserves kick in.

Fury is the biggest wild card.  His last two fights were clearly warmups.  (Check out his bout with Seferi - they were both making funny faces at each other during the fight, and almost cracked up laughing!  The only thing missing from that fight was a bolo punch, and a red-nosed clown to scurry across the ring!)

Re: Joshua, Wilder, and Fury

Leo the Lion
Mate, you hit lots of points spot on.

Fury is a wildcard for sure. He looks serious and when he is, hes someone to seriously take note of. Manny Steward said great things about his potential. Ive never seen anyone neutralize Klitschko like that. I think a lot was mental, but Klitschko couldnt find his rhythm and distance, something Fury does really well.

If he beats Wilder he has a really good chance against AJ,  but AJ would probably be cautious and out box him. Its so fucking hard to say how good he really is. I really wish I could say, but I just can't.

AJ has the best Resume right how, so i disagree with that. He's fought and beaten two Olympic Gold Medalists mate, he's shown heart. I mean, he's beaten Parker, in a boxing masterclass, he's beaten Takam, a fighter who is game, he's beaten Whyte, not great, but a good test (while he was still green and learning), he's beaten Klitschko who was game and in shape (sure younger Klitschko would have finished him, but still, he impressed me with that performance), he's beaten Povetkin - dangerous and skilled with a will to match. I mean he's done enough to be a hall of famer, the next year will tell if he's great. I personally consider him a great already, but time will tell if im just drinking the Kool aid and being a total fan boy or not.
Leo Rothmann - Amateur Boxer 183lbs

Re: Joshua, Wilder, and Fury

What kind of victory is that?

https://youtu.be/rZpl08_h9_U

Re: Joshua, Wilder, and Fury

Leo the Lion
You make some serious good points Refeng. I didn't realise this was as prevalent as it obviously is in the video. Getting hit behind the head is f#@$%# horrible. Hate it.
Leo Rothmann - Amateur Boxer 183lbs

Re: Joshua, Wilder, and Fury

precious-1
Will69 I think you know I am with you on AJ as I said to Leo I predicted before Klitschko AJ was our next Lennox, but if I am being honest he nearly lost that fight when Klitschko had him down, he really was in big trouble but the big 3 have that common denominator & have all come back to win. Ortiz had Wilder nearly finished at the end of round 7 & Fury was floored by the Cunningham bomb. I have always dismissed Fury with no rational really but watching his fights recently I get it now, he is a good boxer for a huge man & deserved the glory & the Klitschko victory, kind of got to like his funny trash talk now. The big question mark is 2 years dormant & losing all that weight, I have to go with Wilder because as much as Fury is unpredictable & unorthodox I can't see him avoiding Wilders detonators for 12 rounds to get a points win. That's the fun if you like of the HW division, one punch can finish it but I would still pick AJ as the most likely guy to come out the top of the mountain. He seems to be improving the most out of the 3 & has the superior resume. The big fight as I see it is Wilder AJ & the key is AJ, I think he can punch as hard as Wilder & has superior all-around boxing ability with a disciplined approach & if its AJ v Fury it will be a better matchup in favor of AJ