Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Sorry you had to go through that. In this case it sounds like the editor was the cause of the betrayal. This is the reason people are hesitant to trust journalists these days. It's something I don't miss about that business. Keep me posted on what happens next. Do you think they'll print a retraction?

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

They betrayed your trust. The reporter spent hours with you, gained your trust and then deliberately stabbed you in the back. It was betrayal.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Becky
I agree. Betrayal is the right word. He befriended you and gained your trust only to purposely decidve you later. The reporter (and likely the editor) knew all along what they were planning. Another word for use here is "ambush." They set you up. You're not the first or last to be decieved by the media. Thats part of why I stopped writing. Journalism is shark-infested waters unfortunately.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Phantom Punch
Sorry about that Entaowed. Just last semester i switched journalism to become my minor. After hearing stories from AJ and others about how hard it is to find work and how shady that business is, I'd rather use that career option as a backup plan.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Its not a big conspiracy or anything like that. I think you're over-thinking it. Regardless of what you told them during the interview, these folks already knew what kind of story they were going to tell. They printed what they wanted. You got shafted.

"Conspiracy" is much too big a word. This isn't something that they planned for years, no one was murdered, etc. Words that describe this are "betrayal" "deceit" "cunning" "manipulative" etc. They duped you but it was no conspiracy..just a manipulative set-up. What evidence do you need? The proof is in the article! lol.  You said yourself that some of the inaccuracies were on purpose.

To avoid this in the future ask to read what is written before it is printed. Or only use journalists that you know well and trust. Your naivety came through loud and clear here; random reporters pop up, pretend to befriend you, write their own version of a story and then you're STILL giving them the benefit of the doubt?

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Phantom Punch
Sounds like you got "Stephen Glassed."

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Rachel
A conspiracy can also apply to small matters, anything planned & deceptive.  Though there is no need to use such a "big" word, your or mine can apply, yours more fitting to the scale of things...

If it is accurate.  Yes, there was some false changes.  But recall my Sister was origially asked to do this report, or she thought of it & was going to freegan with me.  They could well have planned things in advance. Yet it may well have been that the Editor thought nothing of it until he RECEIVED the story.
I still am not sure how much he was asked or made to make changes or was sloppy...

Also it was not "random reporters".  There was one, & i knew him & said i featured him (within the comedy show hour I gave my Sister) at my last festival.  He did not really "befriend" me, we were just both polite during the tour I showed him.  If my Sister did it as asked no distortions would occur.  This was likely a "crime of opportunity".

I just doubt they pallned things like making it the 'hood just north of me.
Many things are done wrong that are improvised.
Also things like that or I only take the most expensive, organic food do not hurt me or my image-like i care-they just do not serve The Truth, but are considered useful for a tale.

Whether it was all planned out is very possible, but does not seem the most likely state of affairs.
They also risk my public complaints, though often folks do not care enough to protest or have trouble gaining traction for rebuttals.
You poor thing....always trying to see the light in a bad situation. Most likely they were looking at an opportunity to tell a story - its how they make their money. But once they got their information either they decided to make it more interesting and embellish or just tell whatever they heck they wanted disregarding the truth. No JFK type conspiracy, just typical journalistic betrayal and manipulation.

You said he was polite during the tour? I bet he was. Now let's see if he and his editor are "polite" enough to respond to your complaints. I doubt it. This is libel.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

I viewed the article and saw the accompanying pictures. I would assume you were homeless too if I came across you sitting out there. The wild hair and everything.

49-0
Oh i know you don't mind if folks think you're homeless. I don't interact with you much outside of boxing posts but from what I gather you're an arrogant white supremacist who always has to be right. My post was not meant to insult you. I was just saying that I can see why folks assume you are harmless. It was not a dig at you or the homeless population. I have no problem with them and in fact I've given them money before.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

49-0
I don't have the time to be breaking down and responding to every little detail or "point" you make. Unlike you, who sits around homeless eating rats for shady journalists, I have a life outside of this forum. But I will clear up a few of your misconceptions being that I'm in a good mood.

You managed to bring up the hoiary white supremacist charge when there was not only no recent conflict, but on the excuse that I just had a brief freindly exchange with 1 guy about how refreshing NAPS were to most!
There was not the slightest rationale to introduce race there, let alone accuse me of bigotry.
Alright man. I already explained that. You argue viciously when white women were on this site talking about the differences between black and white men in bed, sizes, etc. You went out of your way to argue against African Americans being bigger and performing better, hip rotations and all that. You challeneged everything these women said, neutralizing their personal experiences, statistics, porn, etc. You just couldn't agree until months later when your little black girlfriend nurse confirmed it for you. BUT, you didn't mind agreeing with stats and studies when it came to naps. You only agree with facts and figures when it's something YOU WANT to be true. When its something that makes you uncomfortable (i.e. black people having bigger dicks) you're suddenly unsure and argumentative. If you don't see my point there, there's no help for you.

There was no conflict that existed, & you had zero takers in what, on at least a subconscious level, you tried to provoke.
And like I told you before. I was trying to help. All I initially said was "this is a reason why folks think you're a white supremacist." I did not say you were a white supremacist initially. I was just saying that you had just added fuel to the fire. That's all. And I wouldn't say I had zero takers. I wasn't trying to ruffle anything. I was just giving my opinion to help you out and you attacked me for it. So much for being "calm as a lake" right? lol.

You actually could not even address the vast majority of what I wrote opposing that slander-much worse than the journalism thread here-& dismissed most by saying "whatever" & that i am so annoying.
Look. I don't have the time to be doing that kind of siht. If nearly everyone on this board sees you the same way (annoying retarded racist) then there must be truth to it somewhere. Things didn't turn around for you in a positive light until Duggerman posted your TV interivew, which I myself praised you for if I recall. I am not going to address every single little point you make. I don't have the time to write a book and debate with a homeless racist. I have better things to do with my time. As a matter of fact, most people don't. I bet you anything that those journalists will not get back to you after that wordy email you sent. They're probably ready to blow their brains out by the second paragraph.

AJ was puzzled why you would do all this & make any accusation at all.
Why do you always say "AJ this" and "AJ" that? Is he a supreme ruler? Is he your dad? Do you worship him too? (Though it is an irony that you worship a black man AND Hitler. You amaze me). It may be AJ's site but he's a person just like the rest of us. Why is his opinion to be valued so greatly? Besides he hasn't said anything on here about our recent posts. We're not children. I don't think he and the mods have time to babysit. We're all adults. Tattle if you want but you won't be taken seriously.

An interesting typo & possible written Freudian slip...You said you see why folks would assume I am "harmless".  That is correct.
Now I KNOW you're delusional. It was not a freudian slip. It was an honest mistake. I was up late typing on the computer and made a mistake. It happens. Just like you always confuse Lennox Lewis and Joe Louis, always typing "Lewis" when we talk about the Bomber. Freudian slip? No, just a mistake you make all the time. I make one typo and its a freudian slip?  You lust after black women but its not a fetish, though if Michelle prefers guys with deep voices its a fetish all of a sudden? Seriously, fcuk you dude! Arrogant pieceasiht.

Anyway, I do not think a white supremacist who defends Hitler, Paul Deen, George Zimmerman, Charles Barkley, Hulk Hogan and others is "harmless." People like you have been murdering and oppressing minorites for hundreds and hundreds of years. You defend oppression and made up a sad Holocaust "sob story" about your family to hide your evil.

I used to not take sides each time your ass was in the fire. I could have easily joined in but I didn't. But after you jumped down my throat for simply telling my opinion and trying to help people see WHY you're viewed as racist, forget it. You're not gonna put my ass in the hospital like Zorro.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Malik Wright
Mane. I hate they took the story down. I wanted to see that sh~t. It Sounded entertaining. "Eating rats." smh.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

RICKY TAN
To avoid this in the future ask to read what is written before it is printed. Or only use journalists that you know well and trust.
I second that. Entaowed they may not have been "random" journalists but you didn't know them well enough. Even if you knew the guy previously he doesn't sound like a "friend" per se. You were only loosely associated with him and probably unaware of his lack of credibility as a journalist. He may have done this to people before.

I tried clicking the link but the article is gone. At least they respected your wishes. Let me know if they respond to your email.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

Re: Journalism Ethics, A Freakin' Freegan Story, & me.

49-0
Hip rotation wasn't discussed? Really now?

Funkchick1981 wrote
I think on average black men are bigger than white. But that's not all...black men fuck differently than most white men. The way they put their hips and shit into it. I'm not saying white guys never do this but there's a hell of a difference and I can attest to that. You could also watch male black and white porn stars and compare them that way. You'll see the difference.
And then you came in attempting to argue otherwise and everyone wrote you off as an insecure white man. And the link to the article is dead. They removed the article.
12345