Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Go to 19:13 in the clip. He passed away at 9:45 the next morning.

https://youtu.be/aB3UdB5mjac

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Will69
Wow, he looks in rough shape. And the commentators were saying how good shape he was in? Unless they were sarcastic, or just wanted to say anything to fill the void.

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Will69 wrote
Wow, he looks in rough shape.  And the commentators were saying how good shape he was in?  Unless they were sarcastic, or just wanted to say anything to fill the void.
I think they were just trying to be nice. Joe had a major heart surgery a few years before this and had gotten a pacemaker 5 months prior.

Despite being confined to a wheelchair he was still getting around a lot. He still attended fights and was actually planning on attending a Diana Ross concert on the day of his death.

The stress from the racism, drugs and IRS that he endured made him age horribly. He was only 66 but looked 88. 😳

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Also,  off topic here, that fight went 15 rounds and was close, IMO.   Berbick almost defeated a prime Holmes!  And Tyson brutally destroyed Berbick within 4 rounds!  And Tyson also annihilated Holmes in 4 rounds!  Just shows you how special and dangerous Tyson was during this time.

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Prime Holmes was almost destroyed by Tim Witherspoon in round 9 of their fight, too. Larry never had an aura of invincibility. He was successful but always looked beatable at times.

Oh, this is an interview with Joe Louis’ daughter.

https://youtu.be/gxYui6rhdLw

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Oh, this is an interview with Joe Louis’ daughter.

https://youtu.be/gxYui6rhdLw
I have seen Joe’s son all the time, but never his daughter. She doesn’t look like him but has his low voice. She seems confident like her father

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

The Golden Jet
Oh, this is an interview with Joe Louis’ daughter.

https://youtu.be/gxYui6rhdLw
OK. Her husband looks NOTHING like the kind of guy you'd think she'd marry. I wonder how Papa Joe would have reacted to her marriage?

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Shogun of Harlem
The Golden Jet wrote
Are you insinuating that the Brown Bomber was a RACIST?

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

The Golden Jet
Shogun of Harlem wrote
Are you insinuating that the Brown Bomber was a RACIST?
Well considering all the horrible things that white people put him through could you blame him?

Hold up, homie. Is that ENTAOWED with her???  I know he loves black women and is a boxing fan, and homie looks JUST LIKE HIM. Crazy hair and all.

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

No lol, even WHEN MY HAIR WAS BIG, WE DID NOT LOOK VERY SIMILAR.
I guess "de-nile" isn't just a river in France anymore, now is it rookie? Of course ya'll look alike.

<center></center>

<center></center>
Oh snap!! Ya'll doooo look alike! Entawoed just looks like the younger version. This is madness!

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Entaowed II
Malik Wright wrote
<center></center>
I see you took that old meme I posted a few years back. Nice.

I would write another essay but I am busy. Now let me get back to smackin' that lovely natural African American booty gurrrrl I call Martini...

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Malik Wright
I only posted that because it was the quickest pic of him I could find to make a comparison. I agree with the golden jet...Joe Louis' son-in-law looks like the older version. I think you nailed it homie.

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

The Golden Jet wrote
Shogun of Harlem wrote
Are you insinuating that the Brown Bomber was a RACIST?
Well considering all the horrible things that white people put him through could you blame him?
I don't think Joe was racist. I really don't see it that way.

MUHAMMAD ALI was a blatant racist, even a speaker in the Nation of Islam and Malcolm X's right hand man. Even when Malcolm saw the error of his ways and became peaceful after his trip to Mecca, Muhammad stayed racist and remained loyal to that damn Elijah Muhammad and the NOI. There are PLENTY of interviews in the 70s where Ali talked of praising segregation, he didn't like interracial marriages and children and he even spoke at KKK rallys.

Did Joe Louis do any of that? The answer is a big no. Joe loved everyone. Sure a lot of racist white people and the government did him dirty. But many of Joe's closest friends and handlers were white. Frank Sinatra and Max Schmeling for example were two of his best friends.

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

Why not post that photo of yourself you did before and let everyoe decide who you resemble?
Sure thing, rookie. Who do I look like?

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

The Golden Jet wrote
OK. Her husband looks NOTHING like the kind of guy you'd think she'd marry. I wonder how Papa Joe would have reacted to her marriage?
I don't think he'd care, personally.

Re: Last public appearance of Joe Louis

You could tell Joe was tired in his later years. I mean.....tired. You could see it in his eyes. So sad.

I'm not glad he's gone. BUT he needed some peace. I hope he's enjoying his rest. His country did him wrong.
Sad but true.