Lennox Lewis tweet about Wilder and Tyson

Lennox Lewis tweet about Wilder and Tyson

Your thoughts?

Re: Lennox Lewis tweet about Wilder and Tyson

It's nice to hear Lennox give a compliment to Mike. I'm assuming he's referring to a young Tyson, not the shell that he fought. I think likely it would go like maybe Mitch Green, if Wilder is as tough as his reputation is. My question with Wilder is that he never even fought a remotely threatening heavyweight yet. Wilder's main advantage here is only size, which does matter, but won't tip the scales.

Re: Lennox Lewis tweet about Wilder and Tyson

Vnexpress
Seriously? The windmill puncher against the countering machine Tyson was in the late 80s? Mainstream media overhyped Tyson, but they outdid themselves with Wilder.

Re: Lennox Lewis tweet about Wilder and Tyson

The great boxing writer Frank Lotierzo wrote this detailed article about a fantasy fight between the two.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/feature-articles/48064-no-deontay-wouldnt-kicked-hell-vintage-tyson

Re: Lennox Lewis tweet about Wilder and Tyson

Any other thoughts on this? 🤔

Re: Lennox Lewis tweet about Wilder and Tyson

Entaowed
Yes.  Wilder is becoming a bit unbalanced with his ego.

Really, he picks current guys because of a vague & unsupported notion of "technology"?  Why?
Just being tall & long & having explosive speed does not show me he is likely to beat any ATG.
And he big ups his footwork?  It is at best mediocre.

Wilder really has had unusually limited competition in 40 fights & getting title shots.
That overhand right is very impressive.  But it is not enough to ice the likes of Tyson.

The scenario with Tyson coming in fast with much bobbing & weaving & taking him out is plausible.
Without the boxing or tie up skills, Tyson would take him out.
Ortiz almost did & was ahead through 9, & he did not land very much.