Max Baer v. Earnie Shavers

Easily two of the hardest punchers of all time. This one is a fun one to think about, actually.

Max was more crude than Shavers - he threw random haymakers and it was his right hand that was the fatal bomb.

Shavers threw tighter punches and had the better jab, but his chin and stamina weren't the best.

Max had a great chin - in fact the only person to knock him out was Joe Louis.

This fight would be interesting but I might back Max Baer here; I'm confident that he could withstand Earnie's dynamite right hand but Earnie wouldn't survive Baer's lethal punch. I feel that Max would land his bombs first because he was so reckless. This one might not go two rounds.

Re: Max Baer v. Earnie Shavers

Zorro
Earnie would probably land first, and I don't think Max could take it. Just my opinion.

Re: Max Baer v. Earnie Shavers

Re: Max Baer v. Earnie Shavers

Phantom Punch
Max was tougher, but ultimately this depends on who lands first. I think Shavers would because he stepped in and landed shorter more precise blows. Max had a literal (killer) haymaker but left himself open for counterpunchers like Shavers.