Mercer or Tua....who ranks higher?

Brooklyn's Finest
Thoughts?
Who should rank higher?

Re: Mercer or Tua....who ranks higher?

Will69
This is a hard decision for me because I like them both.  Both of them had great fights, and both stayed in the game too long and were humiliated when they got old.  If forced to chose, I would say Mercer.  His fights against Lewis, Morrison, and some others were damn good and he really showed his mettle. Tua also deserves lots of credit, but overall, Mercer was more the complete package.

Re: Mercer or Tua....who ranks higher?

Will69 wrote
This is a hard decision for me because I like them both.  Both of them had great fights, and both stayed in the game too long and were humiliated when they got old.  If forced to chose, I would say Mercer.  His fights against Lewis, Morrison, and some others were damn good and he really showed his mettle. Tua also deserves lots of credit, but overall, Mercer was more the complete package.
Agreed. I think Tua was better and would come out on top if they fought—but both could be lazy and inconsistent so you never know— Mercer actually WON a heavyweight title, even if it was one of the moderate ones. And he pushed Lewis to the brink...something Tua definitely did not do.

Based on Morrison doing better overall against top competition and actually winning a title, I think he should rank higher than Tua.

Re: Mercer or Tua....who ranks higher?

Urban Legend
They both lost their biggest fights, but Ray won a title so I say he ranks higher historically. What a shame these two never fought. Tua may have been better but Ray should rank higher.