Mike Tyson Discusses The Greats

Re: Mike Tyson Discusses The Greats

This kid was a real student of the game. I agree with a lot of his insight. To be honest, I think he'd knock out each of the guys he was analyzing.

Re: Mike Tyson Discusses The Greats

 I think he'd knock out each of the guys he was analyzing.
Not Ali, but most of them, yes. Mike really knew his shit.

Re: Mike Tyson Discusses The Greats

Sivul
"Man, I love Jack Dempsey."

Mike said the words here that I knew were true before he ever uttered them. Dempsey was young Tyson's hero.

Re: Mike Tyson Discusses The Greats

Evolution
No one had passion for boxing at the time to match Mike. Once he showed me several fights in his library of films and his eyes would really light up for certain fights. Obviously the Dempsey-Willard fight was one of his favorites.

Lennox Lewis told me that Mike showed him the fight films too. Mike was soaking it all in like a sponge. Take his physical talents and his wisdom of the game and you have one dangerous boxer on your hands. I don't think Mike was the greatest of all time but he's up there.

Re: Mike Tyson Discusses The Greats

Zombies Ate Me
The original upload is gone but I've just linked a fresh one. Mike was so smart. The mere fact that he saw the weaknesses of these guys shows that he could have exploited them, and he had the speed and power to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCMMA31l968