Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Don

Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Don
ONLY IN AMERICA!!

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Zorro
So? A lot of people are taller than Sugar Ray.

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

She's leaning in on him a bit in one of the pics. When she stands up straight she's a little taller, yes. I saw when she posted these the other day. She said Sugar Ray is her favorite boxer of all time.

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

It's Dale
She's a volleyball player. One of the best!

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Sivul
Now you KNOW we can't have a thread about Misty May without mentioning her booty, which could SWALLOW little Sugar Ray Leonard.

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Urban Legend
Sivul wrote
Now you KNOW we can't have a thread about Misty May without mentioning her booty, which could SWALLOW little Sugar Ray Leonard.

Yep. She's the ass in my avatar and siggy. That ass gave me a reason to sit and enjoy volleyball.

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Big Red
Misty's jiggly booty aside....Ray as a fighter was A+. The boy had blinding speed, dynamite in both hands, could attack and defend, fight inside and outside or on the move, had a killer instinct and heart, was fearless and a great finisher, mentally tough and ultra confident.....and man could he suck it up in the biggest spot against the baddest of the bad. The version of him that fought circa 1979-82 would've had a picnic with Mayweather, Crawford, Spence and Thurman. As a welterweight he only takes a backseat to the original "Sugar Ray," and that's Robinson!

And like few others....he got outta boxing with his health, wealth and respect!

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

George Jefferson
Big Red wrote
 As a welterweight he only takes a backseat to the original "Sugar Ray," and that's Robinson!

Great post and I agree with most of it, although I think Leonard would beat Robinson. I know most may not agree with me but Robinson never met anyone as crafty and slick as Leonard. This would be a new fight kind of fight/territory for him. I agree with everything else you said, however.

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Big Red
George Jefferson wrote
Head to-head Robinson beats Leonard at every turn...better puncher, better combination puncher, equally as fast, stronger, meaner, better chin and beating Gavilan twice in his prime equals going 1-1 vs Hearns. And no lightweight is moving up and beating Robinson...especially going toe-to-toe with him. I love Leonard and he's one of the greatest of the greats - but he ain't no Robinson. Robinson beats everybody Leonard beat, and if Leonard fought LaMotta six times he'd be lucky to go 3-3 and probably more like 2-4 but no chance of going 5-1.

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Sivul
Big Red wrote
 Robinson beats everybody Leonard beat, and if Leonard fought LaMotta six times he'd be lucky to go 3-3 and probably more like 2-4 but no chance of going 5-1.
So in a roundabout way you're saying that LaMotta was tougher than Hagler? Ehh..they're both tough cookies but Hagler was better imo.

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Entaowed
I think Hagler was definitely, easier better than The Raging Bull.
MUCH more skilled, athletic, better puncher...They just both had insane chins.

And Leonard would likely beat him more often than not-at the same size.
Though with the stylistic (swarmer vs. boxer) advantage he had over both, + was heavier...If Leonard fought him at a similar weight disadvantage.

I agree with Big Red that SRR was better than SRL.
The latter fought excellent competition, so much more often.
On film he looks amazing, & his offense was the best defense for him.
SRL may have had faster hands, that is about it.

If SRR fought THAT Hagler at the same age & after a layoff I would favor him too.
He came back after a layoff & was still great at MW.

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Sivul
Speaking of Leonard, he says here that he would beat Mayweather.

Re: Misty May Treanor is TALLER than Sugar Ray Leonard

Joe Kingman
Administrator