Money Mayweather's legacy

MAGUIRE
We saw what happened at the fight on Saturday. Another decision win. Say he retires undefeated which is certainly possible at this point. Where would he rank? And does the fact that he never fought Manny Pacquiao hurt his standing?
 photo lennox-hair_3476731_GIFSoupcom_zps919d29c7.gif

Re: Money Mayweather's legacy

KB50MJ
He has beaten a lot of top names, but some were past their prime when he got them. And then there are some he has yet to fight, like Pacquiao. But without question he is one of the best of all time. Is he the best EVER? I don't think so. Not unless he fights, and beats, Manny Pac. Just the fact that he has made excuse after excuse not to fight him puts a bad taste in my mouth about him being the best ever.

Re: Money Mayweather's legacy

Definitely the best of his era. What is that era?
Last 15 years? By far the best.
Last 25 years? Which means that he's better than Whitaker and Jones Jr? Possibly.
The best after Ali? Which means that he's better than Duran, Leonard and Chavez? Accetable opinion even though a controversial one.

Re: Money Mayweather's legacy

KB and Apollo, I agree with both of you. To be the best you've got to beat the best. If Mayweather never fights Manny, then it's gonna haunt his legacy forever, undefeated or not.

That's one reason why UFC is burying boxing right now. There's no ducking..you've got to fight the other top contenders. Fans get to see the fights they wanna see.

Re: Money Mayweather's legacy

Rosco
Haha! Here's a funny interview with Tyson and Lewis about Mayweather.

http://youtu.be/DsVZ5v8mw5w

Re: Money Mayweather's legacy

Zombies Ate Me
Rosco wrote
Haha! Here's a funny interview with Tyson and Lewis about Mayweather.

http://youtu.be/DsVZ5v8mw5w
I saw this when I watched the broadcast saturday. Lennox seems to get taller and taller. But why is everyone shaving their heads bald? It took me long enough to get used to Mike's bald head. It'll take me 20 years to get used to Lennox who used to be a hair boy. Shannon Briggs and Chris Byrd look weird with shaved heads too. I was so used to the dreadlocks. Why do they do this?

Re: Money Mayweather's legacy

MAGUIRE wrote
We saw what happened at the fight on Saturday. Another decision win. Say he retires undefeated which is certainly possible at this point. Where would he rank? And does the fact that he never fought Manny Pacquiao hurt his standing?
It definitely does hurt not fighting Pac Man. We'll see how much after he retires. But nobody can front on Floyd. The man has skills and has never been beaten.

Re: Money Mayweather's legacy

I have to  concede he is one of the greats, but stick him up against Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Duran or of course Ray Robinson he would have been in trouble IMO. Hagler would have killed him (sorry wrong division LOL). Avoiding Pacman if that was truly the case is certainly a negative but I have to say arrogant boxers irritate me, Eubank, Naseem from my native England are two I was always up for the opposition. My natural aversion aside he is a brilliant evasive fighter & a supreme technician. PS,nice to see Lennox & Mike & I do think Lennox suits the shaved head.

Re: Money Mayweather's legacy

Hit Em' Hard
precious wrote
I have to  concede he is one of the greats, but stick him up against Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Duran or of course Ray Robinson he would have been in trouble IMO. Hagler would have killed him (sorry wrong division LOL). Avoiding Pacman if that was truly the case is certainly a negative but I have to say arrogant boxers irritate me, Eubank, Naseem from my native England are two I was always up for the opposition. My natural aversion aside he is a brilliant evasive fighter & a supreme technician. PS,nice to see Lennox & Mike & I do think Lennox suits the shaved head.
Precious, you and KB50MJ nailed it. I can't add anything to what's already been said. Floyd hasn't even proven to be the best of his own era by running scared of Pacman.