Muhammad Ali's Best Performance?

Which was it? I think it was his performance against Cleveland Williams.

I think his second best performance was against Joe Frazier in 1971. Yes, he lost the fight. But you saw arguably the best Muhammad Ali in the ring that night. He used every strategy in his arsenal. He danced, he skipped, and he did the infamous "Ali-Shuffle." He tried brawling with Frazier early on and landed some thudding shots. Later in the fight, he attempted an early rope-a-dope strategy. None of Ali's tricks worked on Smokin' Joe that night, but I can guarantee you that Ali would have pulled out a victory over almost anyone else that night. Joe Frazier refused to be denied. But the Ali in this fight combined tactics from the quicker Ali of the 1960s and the emerging Ali of the 70s.

Re: Muhammad Ali's Best Performance?

But the Ali in this fight combined tactics from the quicker Ali of the 1960s and the emerging Ali of the 70s.
That's a good point there But I think the swarmers fighters who apply pressure will give Muhammad Ali a headache. When he was 29, he got injured and couldn't hang with 46 year-old Rocky Marciano!!!

Muhammad Ali's best performance? Against Either Cleveland Williams, Ernie Terrell or Zora Folley. One of those three.