New Lennox Lewis Interview 2012 (Audio)

Very interesting. This took place today. He talks about how he would have performed against 60s/70s fighters like Foreman and Ali, and he talked a bit about David Tua, UFC and other topics.

http://radiosport.co.nz/player/ondemand/1114278821-Lennox-Lewis-on-Radio-Sport

Re: New Lennox Lewis Interview 2012 (Audio)

49-0
This was a good interview. I applaud him for not fearing Mike Tyson. Mike isn't just a big puncher but he was a crazed loonatic back then.

He said George Foreman would have been his nemeis. I think Lennox would outbox George until George catches him with one or two big punches. Then it's lights out for the brit.

Re: New Lennox Lewis Interview 2012 (Audio)

Shane
Thanks for posting that, Duggerman. I too think it would be cool to see how Lennox would fare against the fighters of the 70s. With his chin I don't know how long he would last against the bombers like Joe Frazier, George Foreman and Ron Lyle, but Lennox had the punch to knock out Ken Norton for sure. I think he'd knock out Earnie Shavers before Earnie caught him first.

As for a fight with Ali, I think Ali would beat Lennox easy in the 60s but Lennox might take him in the 70s because Ali was slower and Lewis could dominate with his jab and superior boxing skills.

Re: New Lennox Lewis Interview 2012 (Audio)

Evolution
Lennox would have tamed any version of George Foreman. In the 70s Foreman had stamina issues; something Lennox never had. Lennox would use his jab and skills to outbox and counter the wild swinging Foreman. When George tires out Lennox would finish him with a right hand.