Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Double A
This is without a doubt the BEST book I've read in some time. It's been a while since I read a book that I couldn't put down. Great job, AJ.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Shane
I didn't know you had a book out bud. Congrats! I read the press release. Their music is great and it sounds real interesting. I'm about to watch that documentary special about them posted in the link. I'll buy the book next week when I get my money situation straight. Why haven't I heard of The Dealers? They sound great! Keep up the great work AJ.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Damita Jo
The reviews for the book look great. I previewed some of the songs. AJ your mom has a beautiful voice and she's really pretty! I'll buy the book and give you a review later.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Thanks for the support everyone! I appreciate it very much!

Shane wrote
I Why haven't I heard of The Dealers? They sound great!
They never got the credit they deserve. To be honest they were robbed of the real superstardom that they almost achieved. They did have regional success, performing all over the U.S. and Canada, opening for big name artists and even recording an album for CBS Records when Michael Jackson was recording there.

As much as I love to talk about it, I need to leave some suspense for the book. You're not gonna believe some of the things they went through and some of the celebrities they interacted with.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Shane
I read the free excerpt you put on the home page of your website and I was hooked. I can't wait to read more. Those were cool revelations about Marvin Gaye, Eddie Kendricks and Ray Charles.

I watched the documentary and I like their songs. They are straight outta the Michael Jackson, Prince, Gap Band, Stevie Wonder type of school.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Rosco
Real proud, cuz. You the first in the fam to write a book. And yea, the Dealers packed one hell of a groove. Great band.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

It's Dale
Congratulations my friend! I have not picked up a copy yet but I will soon. I haven't really had much internet access lately so I have some catching up to do. I will give your mom's band a listen.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Thanks for supporting everyone. Buy the book!

Shane wrote
I watched the documentary and I like their songs. They are straight outta the Michael Jackson, Prince, Gap Band, Stevie Wonder type of school.
I agree.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Alexander
AJ Dugger you the boss! Congratulations!
Man I love this kind of music. (80s pop,R&B, funk)
You never told me your family was talented like this!
"Don't Keep Me Waiting" is the bizzness.
I'm buying your book.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

^^Above is the documentary I filmed about the band last year. Also, here is my first interview about the book.

http://www.jsaysonline.com/2/post/2013/08/unsung-band-the-dealers-release-juicy-bio.html

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Double A
Great stuff Duggerman! Will you autograph my copy?

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Michelle
Alexander wrote
AJ Dugger you the boss! Congratulations!
Man I love this kind of music. (80s pop,R&B, funk)
You never told me your family was talented like this!
"Don't Keep Me Waiting" is the bizzness.
I'm buying your book.
You should get it! I finished reading it a few days ago. Man, it was a great read. AJ you're the best. You gotta write another book sometime. And tell your mom hi! She's so pretty, even today! I've been listening to The Dealers for the past two days. Talk about sensational music! I'm going to help you promote this book. I've been sharing links on facebook and such. So proud of you buddy!

P.S.

If you autograph Double A's copy, you better autograph mine too!

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

You guys are awesome! Of course I'll sign it. Matter of fact, one of the celebrities I interviewed in the past is going to help me promote the book, either with a video ad or a candid photo of him/her reading it. Whoever guesses correctly will get a free book signed by myself and some of The Dealers.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Zorro
Good stuff AJ! So proud :) i just watched the documentary and your family is really talented. I am impressed

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Shane
I can't get "Miss Foxy" out of my head! The guy singing that one sounds like Smokey Robinson to me.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Michelle
You're talking about Darrell Hunter. He does sound a little like Smokey when he uses the falsetto but in all honesty he sounds better than Smokey.

Re: Press Release For My First Book, "The Dealers: Then and Now."

Shogun of Harlem
The duh man AJ. This is real cool. I've thought about writing a book but I've never seriously put the thought into it. You just did it! Good work man. Sounds like The Dealers were a hot group back in the day. Did you meet any of the legends they played with? Eddie Kendricks or anyone like that?
123