Question about knockdown scoring

Big Red
I understand that when a boxer scores a knockdown, they automatically win that round 10-8 because they've displayed dominance, right? Well, what happens when BOTH guys kiss the canvas in the same round? Who would get the nod from the judges in those situations?

Re: Question about knockdown scoring

Will69
Hi Red, I believe it works like this. Anyone who gets knocked down gets deducted a point for each knockdown. If both fighters get knocked down an equal number of times, it's up to the judges discretion on who was more aggressive, robust, and more controlling in that round. Whoever that person is, his opponent gets a further point deduction for "losing" the round. This final point, I believe, is part of the "10 point must system", where the judges must award one fighter as the one showing more dominance in the round. Again, the other fighter showing less dominance loses a point.

Re: Question about knockdown scoring

Big Red
Will69 wrote
Thanks and nice to meet you Will. Your explanation sounds precise. Thanks again.

Re: Question about knockdown scoring

Will69 wrote
Hi Red,
I believe it works like this.  Anyone who gets knocked down gets deducted a point for each knockdown.  If both fighters get knocked down an equal number of times, it's up to the judges discretion on who was more aggressive, robust, and more controlling in that round. Whoever that person is, his opponent gets a further point deduction for "losing" the round.  This final point, I believe, is part of the "10 point must system", where the judges must award one fighter as the one showing more dominance in the round.  Again, the other fighter showing less dominance loses a point.
These kinds of fights are amongst the most difficult to score but the most fun to watch.