Renaldo Snipes Knocking Down Larry Holmes

Renaldo Snipes Knocking Down Larry Holmes

Here's highlights of the fight courtesy of Steve Lott.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjK6L4kQwKo

Here's the full fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE3ylP0V4D4

After the fight Renaldo was pissed. I can see why, though. He had Larry on the floor and Larry was allowed to recover but when Renaldo was hurt the fight was stopped. But Larry always beats him.

Re: Renaldo Snipes Knocking Down Larry Holmes

BAD INTENTIONS
Larry just never learned to keep his left guard up...but its still amazing that Renaldo dropped him...he can't punch at all compared to Tyson and Shavers...

Re: Renaldo Snipes Knocking Down Larry Holmes

MAGUIRE
Another classic example of why this sport is so unpredictable. Anyone has a chance. One punch can change things.
 photo lennox-hair_3476731_GIFSoupcom_zps919d29c7.gif

Re: Renaldo Snipes Knocking Down Larry Holmes

49-0
Another example of the electricity that you feel when the heavyweight champion of the world is laying at your feet and at your mercy. That moment had to be the greatest couple seconds of Renaldo's career but when he got in trouble the fight was halted. He would never beat LArry but I understand why he felt jaded.

Re: Renaldo Snipes Knocking Down Larry Holmes

Thats the difference between a good finisher & one who is not. Shavers, Snipes should have got the job done. Louis, Tyson or Marciano I would suggest would have never let a stricken Holmes of the hook but still a great recovery by Holmes regardless of my opinion.

Re: Renaldo Snipes Knocking Down Larry Holmes

precious wrote
Thats the difference between a good finisher & one who is not. Shavers, Snipes should have got the job done. Louis, Tyson or Marciano I would suggest would have never let a stricken Holmes of the hook but still a great recovery by Holmes regardless of my opinion.
Good point. Tyson was the only great finisher Holmes ever faced.

Re: Renaldo Snipes Knocking Down Larry Holmes

redfeng007
I wonder if Larry Holmes survive through round 4, can he still continue fighting?

Or Tyson would have finished him off in the later rounds?

There is a slim chance that Larry could recover fast from the round break.

Re: Renaldo Snipes Knocking Down Larry Holmes

Rosco
He was out. That's why they stopped the fight. He was down three times. The man was finished.

Re: Renaldo Snipes Knocking Down Larry Holmes

Zorro
Rosco wrote
He was out. That's why they stopped the fight. He was down three times. The man was finished.
You're exactly right.

I had forgotten all about this fight. All great champions look vulnerable against a mediocre contender here or there. This was no exception.