Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

Big Red
I think Foreman was at his best against Frazier, Norton and Ali. Those were his peak fights. Let's use Norton as an example. To me he was outboxing Norton. Foreman had a long, hard jab there, and it was landing accurately. He easily slipped Norton's power shots, which makes me think he'll do the same to Bowe's sloppy swings. Yeah, Foreman looks somewhat wild himself, but I think part of it is his build; he's not going to look graceful however he boxes. Notice how he has no problem in landing hooks and uppercuts on Norton. Bowe has a slight size advantage but it's not that big and we have to ask how much is muscle and how much is fat.

Your pick? And why?

Re: Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

It's Dale
Foreman would gun him down. He's more than big enough to accomplish what Evander wanted to do.

Re: Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

Zorro
It's Dale wrote
Foreman would gun him down. He's more than big enough to accomplish what Evander wanted to do.
I saw both in their primes and I agree with your assessment.

Re: Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

This is a tough one to call, although the few times Bowe fought someone of similar size (Lewis, Golota) he didn’t do so well, and even though those guys were real strong, Foreman was certainly stronger.

Bowe has the better jab but I back Foreman in this one, plus Foreman showed a lot of heart against Lyle. We may have a much less exciting version of that here

Re: Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

Joe Kingman
Administrator
Bowe’s best fights were beating up a smaller man in Holyfield, so no.

Re: Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

Riddick Bowe fought a bigger 6'7 Cuban Boxer Jorge Luis Gonzalez.

6'7 Jorge Luis Gonzales has 23 straight wins by 22 KO before facing Riddick Bowe.

After losing and exposed by Riddick Bowe, he kept losing more fights.

https://youtu.be/VoqS7DT2_Ns

In his amateur career, he beats 3 times Olympic Gold Medal Cuban Teofilo Stevenson, Riddick Bowe and Tyrell Biggs.

He also fought Lennox Lewis twice in amateur.

One win and one loss by decision.

Re: Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

^^OK. I stand corrected. I’d never heard of that guy. But I still don’t have faith in Bowe beating Foreman. He couldn’t even handle Golota.

Re: Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

redfeng007
His early haircut and red pants reminds of 70s George Foreman