Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

Big Red
I think Foreman was at his best against Frazier, Norton and Ali. Those were his peak fights. Let's use Norton as an example. To me he was outboxing Norton. Foreman had a long, hard jab there, and it was landing accurately. He easily slipped Norton's power shots, which makes me think he'll do the same to Bowe's sloppy swings. Yeah, Foreman looks somewhat wild himself, but I think part of it is his build; he's not going to look graceful however he boxes. Notice how he has no problem in landing hooks and uppercuts on Norton. Bowe has a slight size advantage but it's not that big and we have to ask how much is muscle and how much is fat.

Your pick? And why?

Re: Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

It's Dale
Foreman would gun him down. He's more than big enough to accomplish what Evander wanted to do.

Re: Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

Zorro
It's Dale wrote
Foreman would gun him down. He's more than big enough to accomplish what Evander wanted to do.
I saw both in their primes and I agree with your assessment.

Re: Riddick Bowe (1992) versus George Foreman (1973-74)

Entaowed
Likely George takes him out.

Bowe always tended to mix it up & get hit a lot-made for great contests with Holyfield.

Against prime Foreman you gotta move, be elusive, box very well-Bowe being a great infighter would not be enough.

Foreman in...Maybe six.