Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

49-0
I pick The Rock to win by knockout. Rocky beats Lennox for two reasons.

1) Lennox has a glass jaw and was vulnerable to right hands. Rocky had a better right hand than McCall and Rahman who both knocked Lennox dead. Rocky also had a hard left hook and uppercut to worry about.

2) Rocky would pressure the snot out of Lennox. He'd stay on him, bobbing and weaving in his crouch and hitting him like thunder with body shots.

I don't think Rocky would KO Lennox early but he stops him before the 12th.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

Evolution
Lennox beats Marciano with the same tactics that smashed Tyson. (yes I know Tyson was shot, that's not my point).

Jab from the outside (followed with the right where possible), uppercuts when in range, grab and lean on him if he gets even closer.

Rinse and repeat.

Lewis has all the physical tools and the boxing skills to beat Marciano.

I've been in the ring with Lennox and his chin is not as bad as you make it out to be. Lennox could deal with pressure as evidenced by his fight with Ray Mercer and rematch with Evander Holyfield.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

Zorro
I have thought of this fantasy match many times. I used to go back and forth but I'm comfortable giving it to Lennox.

Lewis by brutual KO, either via the overhand right, or more likely by an upper cut, it's just a question of when. Lennox would've disposed of Rocky in under 7 rounds. It's just too big of a mismatch.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

49-0
Rocky would cut the ring on Lennox and annihilate him. He wouldn't look for a one punch knockout like Tua and he wouldn't give up after taking a hard uppercut the way Tyson did.

Lennox barely beat Holyfield and Mercer when they were past it. He was huffing and puffing and was lucky to make it out alive. If he can't handle old versions of these guys then how is he going to survive a mauling from a prime and conditioned Rocky Marciano?

Rocky was a hard man to catch on the chin and he wouldn't let up on Lennox. I think Rocky would break Lennox's rib with a body punch and then hospitalize him with a blockbuster hook or haymaker to the jaw.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

For those of you who say Rocky is too small, I don't think it matters. It's hard to punch down and land flush on a small, crouching target like Marciano.

Rocky would fight Lennox Lewis the way that David Tua should have. Constant pressure. Bob and weave to get close, and every time Lewis misses with his long jab or uppercut, counter him. Like Joe Frazier, Rocky attacked both the body and the head--whatever was open. You can't protect your body and head at the same time. Unlike Tua, Rocky would finish Lewis when he has him corned against the ropes.

As I said in the Lewis-Frazier thread, there is a chance Lewis could knock Rocky out early with his uppercut. Rocky sometimes took a few rounds to warm up and that could cost him. If Lewis doesn't win by early stoppage, he's getting stopped himself. I can't predict a round though because all it takes is one punch to shatter Lewis.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

Evan Fields
Lennox had the skills and height to frustrate Rocky but I think his chin would be his downfall against a dynamite puncher like Rocky Marciano.  I think Rocky knocks him out.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

Urban Legend
 Lennox would cut Rocky to shreds with that pole jab of his. Lennox is just too big and dangerous for Rocky. Hell, Rocky would be a cruiserweight today. They wouldn't even allow this fight to happen.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

Shane
All I can say is that Lennox better have his hands up when he's on the ropes. Then again, his body would be wide open. I have to give this to Rocky Marciano. He would give Lennox a beating.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

Bert Sugar
Rocky would have knocked out Lennox's kneecaps.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

Zorro
I agree that Lennox's chin is far from the best but Rocky would have a hard time reaching it.

Rocky's only way to win is to batter Lennox in the body and knock him out with a hook to the head when he gets an opening. If they fought for 15 rounds it would benefit Rocky because Lewis would tire and likely hold his hands low after getting pounded in the body. But I just don't think Rocky had the chin to survive against a puncher like Lennox. He never fought anyone with skill on the level of Lennox either. Lennox presents too many problems.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

 But I just don't think Rocky had the chin to survive against a puncher like Lennox.
Please explain. Rocky was only dropped twice in 49 fights and up before the count of 4 each time. He took some big blows from Joe Louis, Jersey Joe Walcott, Carmine Vingo and Roland LaStarza. Archie Moore has more KOs than any fighter of any weight class and Rocky beat him. Ezzard Charles killed a man once but never put Rocky on the canvas in two fights. Why would u doubt the chin of Rocky Marciano?

As for this fight. Lennox was good. Lennox was damn good. But Rocky would force him to fight and knock him out before round 12.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

BAD INTENTIONS
I have to predict a Lennox Lewis victory by Knockout for this one. Rocky fights forward and gets brutalized by the uppercut and right hand. The long jab would give him trouble too. Lennox knocks Rocky out early or wins by TKO on cuts. I can't see it going any other way. Lennox quickly KO'd guys that would be a threat to him, like Golota, Bowe, Ruddock and Grant.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

Urban Legend
Remember that Lennox hung in there with Ray Mercer who punched harder than Rocky, had a much better chin than Rocky, a better jab, applied just as much pressure, and was much bigger than Rocky at 6'1, 225 pounds.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

I've been in the ring with Lennox and his chin is not as bad as you make it out to be. Lennox could deal with pressure as evidenced by his fight with Ray Mercer and rematch with Evander Holyfield.
Rocky KOs Lennox. Yea, I know he'd put himself in danger by pursing Lennox...he'd get hit with the jab and uppercut I'm sure...maybe even dropped. But he'd get up and keep battering away. Once Rocky hits Lennox with a good haymaker from either hand, instant K.O.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

George Jefferson
This man wins by knockout

rocky marciano Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

49-0
The Rock was tough. He was tough. When he was 45 years old he bruised Muhammad Ali's ribs in sparring sessions for their computer fight. Based on their styles, Rocky has to win this. Rocky wouldn't let Lennox keep him outside with a jab and if he got close and went toe to toe with Lennox he would knock him out.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

the boston strong boy
he had problems with david tua marcianos height but way overweight marciano in this day would be at least 215 lbs his punch gets to lennox lewis chin ko

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

George Jefferson
the boston strong boy wrote
Rocky would be a different fighter at 215 pounds. We can't put a fantasy version of Rocky Marciano in there against Lennox. I imagine he'd be slower at that weight. We have no inkling of how Rocky would look or perform at the weight of prime Mike Tyson.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus Lennox Lewis

 What puzzles me is another comment that said Ray Mercer hits harder than Rocky & had a better chin.  What evidence supports these statements?
Its a no-brainer. Have you seen Ray Mercer fight?

Also, Ray was known for his outstanding chin. Rocky was knocked down by Archie Moore and Jersey Joe Walcott. Ray Mercer was nailed by guys that hit much harder and wasn't hurt. Like I said, a no-brainer.
12