Rocky Marciano Versus "Two-Ton" Tony Galento

Rocky Marciano Versus "Two-Ton" Tony Galento

That's right. Two hard hitting Italian boys going at it. One of them hits like a truck but is out of shape. The other is a finely tuned heavyweight with endless stamina and freakish knockout power. Both men had excellent chins and confidence that could never be shattered.

I think Galento would give Marciano a tough fight. He would dash forward and try to put the Brockton Blockbuster on the canvas. I can't really explain how, but something tells me Marciano would get the knockout victory here. I think Galento would have Marciano in serious trouble early on, but Marciano would stay in close and land some inside bombs, which would make the difference. Galento had a good chin, but I think Marciano's haymaker would make a difference. Galento had a fierce left hook with the power to hurt Marciano, but I see Marciano crowding Galento inside where Galento's hook wouldn't be effective. One thing is for sure...this fight would not go the distance. Someone is getting knocked out. Both men would be bloody at the end, but I believe The Rock's hand would be raised in victory somewhere between rounds 4 and 6.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus "Two-Ton" Tony Galento

Shane
Rocky wins after getting knocked down once or twice himself.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus "Two-Ton" Tony Galento

49-0
I don't even think Rocky would get knocked down. Rocky had a better chin than some of you give him credit for. Rocky's unpredictable punching patterns would confuse and destroy "Two-Ton." And in the unlikely event that the fight goes the distance, there is no way in hell that Two-Ton lands the distance with Rocky, who had the best stamina of anybody.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus "Two-Ton" Tony Galento

They both clobber their foes with wild haymakers and didn't dilly dally. I think Rocky wins because of his short arms, particularly on the inside.

Re: Rocky Marciano Versus "Two-Ton" Tony Galento

Evan Fields
Rocky gets KTFO. The only way he wins is by DQ.