Rocky Marciano v. (2001) Mike Tyson

This is the post-prison, post- D'Amato Tyson. Although Tyson would still be much heavier than Rocky, I think Rocky's chances would go up here. Rocky's smaller size would make him a bit more elusive and quicker, plus his non-stop swarming would make things difficult for this lazier version of Tyson and Rocky's punching power would certainly hurt Mike, especially the longer the fight goes.

Against Brian Nielsen, Tyson was fighting a much larger, slower and somewhat passive opponent. That wouldn't be the case against the swarming, super-conditioned and brutal punching Rocky Marciano. Who takes it?
Winner?

Re: Rocky Marciano v. (2001) Mike Tyson

Zorro
I voted Rocky by TKO. Tyson would quit, I'm afraid. Rocky would be all over his ass.

Prime versus prime Rocky wouldn't last a round though. But 2001 Tyson is made to order for someone like Rocky.

Re: Rocky Marciano v. (2001) Mike Tyson

This is the post-prison, post- D'Amato Tyson. Although Tyson would still be much heavier than Rocky, I think Rocky's chances would go up here. Rocky's smaller size would make him a bit more elusive and quicker, plus his non-stop swarming would make things difficult for this lazier version of Tyson and Rocky's punching power would certainly hurt Mike, especially the longer the fight goes.

Against Brian Nielsen, Tyson was fighting a much larger, slower and somewhat passive opponent. That wouldn't be the case against the swarming, super-conditioned and brutal punching Rocky Marciano. Who takes it?
At first I made it a point to avoid this thread so I wouldn’t come across as biased. You know I love Rocky.

But Rocky would easily outwork, outmaneuver and just straight up out-fight Tyson here. Tyson has a puncher’s chance and little else. But his low punch output and lack of consistent aggression would be his downfall here against Rocky, who wouldn’t stop coming forward and beating on Tyson like a Tom-Tom.

Re: Rocky Marciano v. (2001) Mike Tyson

Re: Rocky Marciano v. (2001) Mike Tyson

Yeah, this time we cannot say you are being biased, lol!

Tyson was much slower, swung less, moved less, much easier to hit...
He has a puncher's chance for sure.
But I think Rocky can absorb the punishment, & here may be the guy harder to land cleanly on.

Tyson would be broken down by Rocky, but given his chin, it likely would be a later rounds TKO.

Re: Rocky Marciano v. (2001) Mike Tyson

Sivul
Nope. Tyson still had that punch and would be too heavy for Marciano. No small heavyweight could ever beat Tyson. All he needs is one solid smash.

Re: Rocky Marciano v. (2001) Mike Tyson

MAGUIRE
Agreed. I don't have much faith in cruiserweights or light heavyweights when they face real heavyweights, especially the guys that could punch like Tyson. Rocky may get more shots in against this Tyson but don't forget that Rocky was a slow starter while Tyson was a fast starter. In all likely hood, Tyson lands the knockout bombs first..
 photo lennox-hair_3476731_GIFSoupcom_zps919d29c7.gif