Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Both are undefeated...

I wonder how would Rocky fight Ike Ibeabuchi?

Even David Tua has failed to break Ike Ibeabuchi down.

Throughout Ike's career and achievement...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5FHfXNOZo8

The odds didn't seem to go very well to Rocky..

David Tua has thrown all his best punches on Ike, but Ike took it well.

Knocking Ike out, seems to be impossible.

Ike has around 30kg weight advantage over Rocky.

Ike also proved that he has the stamina to fight long rounds with David Tua.

Ike could box, slug and counter, which Rocky tends to have trouble with Ezzard Charles.

Defensive Chris Byrd has tried to outpoint Ike and failed.

On the other hand, Rocky has never been stopped in his 49 fights.

He may get knockdown, but he knew how to win or survive in the end.

He has fought many styles and overcome it.

Rocky proved to many that it is harder to hit him

https://www.youtube.com/v/64MVkE988LI&autoplay=1

In the end.

Slickster Chris Bryd has failed to outpoint Ike .

Swarmer David Tua has failed to KO & get a decision against Ike.

So how would Rocky overcome this odds to beat Ike Ibeabuchi?

Maybe Rocky could fight with all his heart and determination to win...

https://www.youtube.com/v/SjDfOoAxI_4&autoplay=1

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Evan Fields
Ike destroys Rocky

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

49-0
Evan Fields wrote
Ike destroys Rocky
Is it really that simple?

I pick Rocky to beat Ike for the same reasons Joe Frazier would. They were better defensively than Tua for one thing. Tua got jabbed dizzy, especially in the first 4 rounds. That early lead of Ike is what cost Tua the fight, because Tua lacked any successful head movement.

Rocky (and Frazier) fought at such a frantic pace and I don't think Ike could cope with it. And they wouldn't sit there and eat the jab the way Tua did.

Redfeng, knocking out Ike is not impossible. Tua hurt him bad at the end of round 11. If it wasn't the end of the round I'll bet anything that Tua would have stopped him. He just needed more seconds.

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Ike may look good on paper but Rocky was a warrior and someone who always surprised you. Ike had the jab to offset Rocky early on. But Rocky would be far more aggressive than Tua was. Rocky also threw more to the body. I dunno. I can't quite explain how but I think Rocky would win by TKO over an exhausted Ike. The constant punishment and grueling pace would be too much. But it would be a hard fight for both.

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

redfeng007
I hope that there is a fight footage for us to see.

This is one of a few fights when Rocky really handled a big heavyweight.

1950-09-18 : Rocky Marciano 190½ lbs TKO Johnny Shkor 220½ lbs at round 6 of 10

Johnny Shkor's height is 6′ 4½″   /   194cm over Rocky.

Johnny Shkor's mauling tactics were worrisome to Marciano for four rounds. Johnny stayed at close quarters and leaned on his opponent, trying to tire him out...

Rocky did enough punching to win the first three rounds and the fourth was even. Marciano began to find the range in the fifth and knocked Shkor down with a left hook and a right to the eye just before the bell...

Marciano came out in the sixth throwing bombs...

Johnny Shkor stood no chance and got 3 knockdowns before the fight was stopped...

Rocky can take a punch and break the big Johnny Shkor down eventually.

Johnny Shkor also fought Joe Louis in his 10 round exhibition fight...

Don't be surprised when Jersey Joe Walcott knocked Rocky down.

Johnny Shkor suffered even worse than Rocky.

A right hand flush from Jersey Joe Walcott knocked Shkor out cold within 1 round.

Ezzard Charles was also knocked out cold with his one punch power...

Jersey Joe Walcott could crack sometimes.

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Yep. Jersey Joe could smash with either hand...his sneaky right hand gave Louis fits and floored him move than multiple times in two fights....his left hook was a brutal, dropping Marciano and Ezzard Charles, though Ezzard Charles didn't survive it.

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

I think Ike would win this one.  30lbs advantage of skilled muscle accounts for a lot.  Rocky's best strategy is to be a tornado of punches for 12 rounds and hope that he wins on points at the end.  (Canelo did this against GGG and was busy enough to at least get a draw, even though GGG was in control and really deserved to win).  But I think Ike had the power, skills, and endurance to put the Rock on the floor.  Fraizer would have a better chance, IMO.  At the end, comparing between generations is damn difficult.

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Sivul
I cannot back Rocky here. Come on guys. Rocky never fought anyone in his life as big and good as Ike. The closest fighter to Ike that he fought was the aging Joe Louis, who actually did pretty damn good against Rocky until midway through the fight.

Ike had a chin of absolute granite, and a great jab and sound technical skills and power, not to mention ring generalship. Rocky would get blasted out of there before the second round. He'd be too small. I'm sorry but Rocky wouldn't even have a chance to get in the fight.

Rocky has legendary status but we have to be realistic, folks.

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Ike may look good on paper but Rocky was a warrior and someone who always surprised you. Ike had the jab to offset Rocky early on. But Rocky would be far more aggressive than Tua was. Rocky also threw more to the body. I dunno. I can't quite explain how but I think Rocky would win by TKO over an exhausted Ike. The constant punishment and grueling pace would be too much. But it would be a hard fight for both.
Again I change my mind on an old post of mine.

Ike would beat Rocky by TKO probably. Ike had a frequent, thudding jab and he edged Rocky in speed, plus he could box, counter and brawl. Rocky wouldn't be able to keep up and probably wouldn't get a chance to get into the fight.

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Phantom Punch
Ike is the more modern breed of heavyweight that Rocky would suffer badly against. If Tua can't beat Ike, how the hell does Rocky do it? And Tua had stamina and endurance right on par with Rocky and even more power, he just lacked Rocky's motivation.

Re: Rocky Marciano vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Phantom Punch wrote
Ike is the more modern breed of heavyweight that Rocky would suffer badly against. If Tua can't beat Ike, how the hell does Rocky do it? And Tua had stamina and endurance right on par with Rocky and even more power, he just lacked Rocky's motivation.
And the problem is...Rocky's fighting weight was around 185-87 in his prime. But he naturally was a stocky guy. In the army before he started boxing you'll see he was around 212 pounds. You also was much bigger after he retired. Back then guys trained to be leaner and trim.

So if Rocky fought today he'd definitely fight around his natural size. It'd be easy and probably more natural for him. But would this affect his stamina? His conditoning? His trademark volume of punches? He could have been a whole different fighter at this weight. This is a fantasy version of Rocky we'll never see. I try to base things off what I see with my own eyes, and given Rocky getting dropped by light heavyweights, cutting easy and never fighting anyone like Ike, I gotta roll with Ike here.