Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Courtney
Since people have been posting fictional fights lately who did you score this one for? Zack or Slater?
Well, who won this exciting brawl?

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

A.C. Slater all the way. Zack got in one good right cross in the beginning but after that it was all Slater. The body throw, the right hand, the headlock, etc. Slater has that wrestling background, while Zack was inexperienced in combat. Zack got his a$$ whooped.

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Shane
Don't f**k with A.C. Slater! Preppie got that ass whooped!!!!

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Hit Em' Hard
Slater owned Zack. Zack only got in a shove and one punch. Zack should stick to charming Kelly instead of brawling with the big boys. By the way whats up with Mr. Belding's hair? I haven't seen that episode in so long. Was that a wig?

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Hit Em' Hard wrote
 By the way whats up with Mr. Belding's hair? I haven't seen that episode in so long. Was that a wig?
Yeah. He was trying to re-invent himself for the gang's senior year. They made fun of him throughout the episode because of how ridiculous he looked. What's also funny to me is that the girl Zack and Slater fought over was never seen again. lol.

As for the fight, I see the poll here is one-sided. A.C. Slater was the captain of the wrestling team and a state champion. Once he grabbed Zack and threw him on the floor, Zack had no chance.

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Bugs
This is one of the lamest and most hilarious trash talking scenes in television history.

Slater: Hey, Zack, last night at the movies you went too far!
Zack: (jokingly) I was just helping a mother get together with her son, what's so wrong about that?
Slater: Wrecking my date with Joanna wasn't funny.
Zack: Like it was funny wrecking my study date the night before?
Slater: Hey, you started it, man, making me look like a jerk at the Max!
Zack: Well that's what you are.
Slater: What did you say?
Zack: You heard me. Get out of my face.
Slater: And what if I don't, punk?
Zack: Then I'll just have to make you, punk!

And the fight itself is a little too choreographed for my taste. I agree that Slater won it but not by much. Although Zack lands a great punch right off the bat, Slater scores on an impressive takedown and lands a powerful wallop while both are grounded. In my opinion that last punch scored the split decision in my book. Although Zack may have scored big because he clearly hurt Slater, which could garner a 10-8 round in some eyes. But Slater clearly did more damage.
Eh....What's Up, Doc?

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Shane
Bugs wrote
Although Zack may have scored big because he clearly hurt Slater
You're kidding I hope. Slater took Zack's punch like it was nothing. Then he hip-tossed Zack and got on top of him and pounded the shit out of him. Zack did have a nice escape but was only holding on to Slater who was still in complete control and headlocking him.

I don't think Zack could have made a comeback. But we'll never know for sure because It was a premature stoppage by Mr. Belding.

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Shane wrote
 It was a premature stoppage by Mr. Belding.
LOL!! Mr. Belding is about as bad a referee as Richard Steele. He put a halt to the action just when things were getting really good. Was Slater about to finish "Preppy" off? It sure looked like it but we'll never know how things would have ended.

There's a goof that always bothered me. After the fight, Slater's right eye was black. But Zack smashed him with a right cross to Slater's left eye. How in the world was Slater's right eye injured? lol.

Slater recovered fast but Zack caught him clean. Did you hear him grunt? Zack was serious business in there!
Eh....What's Up, Doc?

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Maximillian
Slater turned it into MMA the moment he scored that takedown and took control. Damn Mr. Belding for not allowing him to finish!

For a kids' tv show this was actually a good scrap, much better than the gay wrestling presented as a "fight" by brothers Cory and Eric on Boy Meets World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlNIBGpNDOU

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Double A
Evan Fields wrote
OMG! I never thought I'd see a serious discussion about this fight online! When I was little I had a crush on Zack. (Slater was a little too greasy for me) So I naturally favored Zack to win. Now that I'm older and watching it again I can see that Slater one-upped him. but Zack was never 'dominated' so to speak. He wasn't beat up and whose to say Zack wouldn't have turned things around if Belding hadn't interrupted? I vote for Zack Morris, a blond Tom Cruise and a fine human being.

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Maximillian
Double-A wrote

OMG! I never thought I'd see a serious discussion about this fight online! When I was little I had a crush on Zack. (Slater was a little too greasy for me) So I naturally favored Zack to win. Now that I'm older and watching it again I can see that Slater one-upped him. but Zack was never 'dominated' so to speak. He wasn't beat up and whose to say Zack wouldn't have turned things around if Belding hadn't interrupted? I vote for Zack Morris, a blond Tom Cruise and a fine human being.
Double A, you and I get along. But I have two quarrels with your post.

1) You acknowledge yourself that Slater did better than Zack in the brawl, so how in the hell does Zack win? He was being dominated. Zack was helpless right from the time Slater dumped him on the floor. He generated no offense after the shove and punch at the start of the fight. How could you give the fight to Zack?

2) And this is more important. What do you mean Slater looked 'greasy?' I hope you mean his hair. As a Hispanic American I am offended.

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Double A
The Greatest wrote

Double A, you and I get along. But I have two quarrels with your post.

1) You acknowledge yourself that Slater did better than Zack in the brawl, so how in the hell does Zack win? He was being dominated. Zack was helpless right from the time Slater dumped him on the floor. He generated no offense after the shove and punch at the start of the fight. How could you give the fight to Zack?

2) And this is more important. What do you mean Slater looked 'greasy?' I hope you mean his hair. As a Hispanic American I am offended.
My apologies. I'm no boxing or MMA fan like the rest of you so I may let my biased affect my judgement. But really the fight seemed like a draw to me. Both got in a punch and shove, Slater got in a throw. But Zack wasn't beat up bad or anything.

And I'm sorry about the greasy remark. I was referring to his hair and his personality. He just tries too hard sometimes. I knew guys like him. Guys that do things for attention and show off. I didn't realize how racist my comment sounded. I am sorry.

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Michelle
I don't care for all that groping and rasslin. I voted Zack too. Things became less interesting when Slater brought MMA techniques into the fight.

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Alexander
Double-A wrote

And I'm sorry about the greasy remark. I was referring to his hair and his personality.
How is his personality greasy?
lol.
I have heard 'greasy' remarks about mexicans and italians before.
But never about their personalities.
Thats a new one for me.

Thats a new one for me.
It's the hair really. You know he had a lot of jheri curl and moose in it. you can't tell me his hair wasn't greasy. But I said it as a light hearted joke. I'm really sorry if I offended.

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Double A
Michelle wrote
I don't care for all that groping and rasslin. I voted Zack too. Things became less interesting when Slater brought MMA techniques into the fight.
Right on girl. #TeamZack!!!

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

GatorPurify
Every time I watch this I have to laugh. I'm not sure what's funnier this or them  lip syncing "Did We Ever Have A Chance?" I'll have to give this one to Albert Clifford Slater. They both are my brothers and the other stuff is for the ladies. Zack got a tremendous first punch in. Slater got snuffed (He never saw it coming). I think that's why Slater immediately threw Zack to the ground. He immediately went into survival mode.

But Slater got the edge and then the final punch. It was a hard one too. And Slater being an all city athlete, he was too much for Zack. If Zack was gonna throw the first punch he should of stayed on Slater. Had Zack kept punching Slater he might of put him out. He let Slater get back in the fight and Slater took advantage. Round 1 to AC Slater.

"WHAT IF I DON'T PUNK?" "THEN I'LL JUST HAVE TO MAKE YOU PUNK!!" Ya'll can't tell me that isn't funny.

PS You gotta love Zack's James Brown grunt on the punch. UHHHHH!!! Like James Brown UHHHH!!! HIT ME!!!
Don

Re: Saved by The Bell Brawl (Score this fight)

Don
GatorPurify wrote
[...]

Good post Brother Gator Purify. I also give the nod to our "greasy" brother Albert Clifford Slater. He put a beating on our Eurocentric brother Zack "Preppie" Morris. Slater laid the smackdown. It was a stupendous production of spectaular theatre only capable of Don King Productions! God bless America! ONLY in America!
ONLY IN AMERICA!!
1234