The Rocky Movies, Heart & Soul.

Re: The Rocky Movies, Heart & Soul.

 of course inspired to the ultimate Phlilly  southpaw hookin' swarmer, Smokin' Joe Frazier.  There should have been a statue to Joe before Stallone.
Good writeup overall. I absolutely agree that Philly should have put a statue of Joe up before a Stallone one. But Joe Frazier was not a southpaw. We talked about that in this thread. He was right handed.

http://dugger-s-ranch.2299399.n4.nabble.com/Converted-Southpaws-tp4399352.html

Shane
I still haven't seen the Rocky Balboa movie yet. Was it any good, Entaowed?

Re: The Rocky Movies, Heart & Soul.

Re: The Rocky Movies, Heart & Soul.

(Base voice) Ab-solutely Shane!  I trust my thread makes clear that this was also a success, in my biased opinion.  It has an overarching message of inspiration for older folks specifically, & those written off or otherwise marginalized.  It explored human psychology in a convincing way, had nice grace notes like Rocky feeding an ex pug that coulda (sic) been him, aka not a lucky man who was gifted to become a "contender".

Here is truth telling & a loving fatherly upbraid.  Shortly before Rocky saw his son taking an undeserved reaming from a man he did not respect, his kid's boss, & saying "thank you".  Most of the film dealt more with feelings, demons & relationships, more so than the boxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jViTYc4C7vQ
Nice assessment. I hadn't really thought about some of the things under the surface before.

Re: The Rocky Movies, Heart & Soul.

Shane wrote
I still haven't seen the Rocky Balboa movie yet. Was it any good, Entaowed?
It was a good recovery from 5. 5 was awful. The only part that didn't put me to sleep was the street fight at the end.