The dubious Leotis Martin "knockout" of Sonny Liston

The dubious Leotis Martin "knockout" of Sonny Liston

He probably could have gotten up. I just have my suspicions...

The first clip is just the knockout. The second clip is the full fight and the interviews with Leotis and Sonny after the fight. It took a long time to revive Sonny.

Re: The dubious Leotis Martin "knockout" of Sonny Liston

Re: The dubious Leotis Martin "knockout" of Sonny Liston

I see this the same way I see the Phantom Punch really, although this punch was much harder. You hear the crack. The Phantom Punch was more of a balance shot, but this one was pure power.

Liston could have gotten up but was content to lie there. I know he wasn't "out cold" as he tried to look because he turned his head not long after he was dropped.

Still, it's downright chilling to see one of the scariest monsters in boxing history laying there getting revived...