The tale of Leonard-Hagler

Re: The tale of Leonard-Hagler

Bugs
That match pisses me off to this very day.
Eh....What's Up, Doc?

Re: The tale of Leonard-Hagler

Re: The tale of Leonard-Hagler

Bugs wrote
That match pisses me off to this very day.
This was nothing compared to Hearns-Leonard II.

Re: The tale of Leonard-Hagler

Agree with your comments Entaowed, I really wanted Leonard to win at the time, but in retrospect I feel Hagler entered the fight on an uneven playing field. Leonard's Ali like mind games, the totally biased crowd making Leonard the golden boy and Hagler the archetypal villain. Yes as you said the 30 second flurries and showboating all conspired to influence the judges who I feel robbed Hagler of at least a draw. I believe the Hagler who took out Hearns in such dramatic fashion, would have done the same to Leonard had the fight took place a couple of years earlier like it should have done. Having said all that I still rate Leonard one of the greatest but feel his golden boy persona got him not only this decision but as another commented the 2nd fight with Hearns.