Tommy Morrison

We don't have a thread on him yet, but he's been mentioned from time to time. Do you think he has a chance against any all time great heavyweight? I don't. He told Bert Sugar that he could beat Rocky Marciano and Joe Louis because they were smaller. Please. He struggled against old Foreman and was knocked out by the jab of Lennox Lewis.

Morrison was a good prospect but that's as far as it goes. We saw what happened when he fought Ray Mercer. David Tua would knock him out quicker. Heck, I'd give Andrew Golota and Michael Grant a serious shot at stopping Morrison too, although he might upset Frank Bruno. Morrison has a huge win over Razor Ruddock but that's his only meaningful victory.

To be honest, Morrison doesn't make my top 30. I might rank him #35 or so, but he's guaranteed a low ranking because he suffers head to head and didn't accomplish anything either.

Discuss your thoughts on The Duke...

Re: Tommy Morrison

Evan Fields
the rock says you basically summed it up nicely bro. Tommy had a good left hook but left himself open when he attacked and couldn't take a punch as well as some of his contemporaries. He didn't have a glass jaw by any means but it was only average at best. So was his skill. Speaking of Tommy Morrison you have given the rock a new thread idea..