Tyson V. Foreman

Evan Fields
How many rounds before Foreman crushes Tyson flatter than a pancake? I say it happens in less than one.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Tyson has a better shot against Foreman than Frazier did. Getting inside would be no picnic, but all Tyson would need is one opening and Big George is on the canvas. Foreman's looping punches leave him open for counters.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Shane
Tyson had great defense in his prime, but I can't see him eluding George's uppercuts for too long. This fight would not be pretty for Mike Tyson. Swarmers are made to order by Foreman.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Lisping Tyson gets destroyed inside of a round.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

The Greatest wrote
Lisping Tyson gets destroyed inside of a round.
lol. Tyson has a chance. Remember when Joe Frazier cracked Foreman with a left hook early in the first round of their original fight? Big George was stunned for a few seconds and immediately shoved Frazier away. He didn't wanna get hit like that again.

Now, imagine if Tyson got a left hook through...

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

49-0
Some people think just because Frazier fought a stupid fight, Foreman would automatically crush other inside fighters like Rocky Marciano and Mike Tyson.

Tyson would hurt Foreman badly and knock him out within 6 rounds. Tyson had the speed and power to find the openings in Foremans sloppy style.

Tyson was a faster starter than Frazier,he'd be able to load up on his own big punches to hit George with. Also,Tyson was more evasive than Joe. Too much skill, speed, and straight punching for Foreman. Tyson was a much superior two fisted assassin compared to joe frazier.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Maximillian
49-0 wrote
Some people think just because Frazier fought a stupid fight, Foreman would automatically crush other inside fighters like Rocky Marciano and Mike Tyson.

Tyson would hurt Foreman badly and knock him out within 6 rounds. Tyson had the speed and power to find the openings in Foremans sloppy style.

Tyson was a faster starter than Frazier,he'd be able to load up on his own big punches to hit George with. Also,Tyson was more evasive than Joe. Too much skill, speed, and straight punching for Foreman. Tyson was a much superior two fisted assassin compared to joe frazier.
I don't believe what I'm reading. There is no way in hell that the crouching sluggers could get inside and bang with George Foreman. Joe Frazier changed tactics in their rematch, but to be fair, he only lasted longer because Foreman was trying to pace himself. When George realized that he knocked that contact out of Joe's eye, he promptly went for the kill and that was the end of the fight right then and there. You don't stand in front of George Foreman. It's just that simple.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

49-0
Joe wasn't himself that night in Jamaica. Eddie Futch said that Joe had little respect for Foreman and overlooked him. That's the one fight where Frazier was a little out of shape and unfocused. Everyone was amazed that Foreman won, and expected Joe to take the belt back in a rematch. When they finally had the rematch three years later, Joe was long past it. But he still made George look bad before the knockout.

But back to Mike Tyson. George Foreman would get hurt by a Tyson hook to the ribs and then absolutely shattered by a hook, uppercut, or combination of punches to the chin.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Urban Legend
49-0 wrote
Joe wasn't himself that night in Jamaica.  When they finally had the rematch three years later, Joe was long past it. But he still made George look bad before the knockout.
Dislike. People talk about Joe doing so much better in the rematch...

Its important to remember he lost every round. He fought a much more defensive, tactical fight, and was still unable to outscore or damage Foreman.

Frazier, with his attributes, skills, and style, at some point needs to come in a do real damage; Big hooks to the body and the head. He has to wear his opponent out, beat him up, and drown him. He was a master at it.

Foreman is his absolute historical nightmare match-up. The one guy in heavyweight history who brings everything you'd conceivably need to beat Joe Frazier and combines it. He was bigger, meaner, stronger, had an iron jaw, hit like a howitzer with either hand, and brought his biggest shots in uppercuts and hooks, which Frazier can't slip. Joe's defense never did well avoiding angled shots. When and if Joe decided to get distance and try to box, Foreman had the longer reach, a very good jab, and serviceable speed of hand.

I don't see Mike Tyson doing any better. In fact, I see him doing worse..

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Tyson would wreck Foreman if he got inside. And I think he could.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

49-0 wrote
Some people think just because Frazier fought a stupid fight, Foreman would automatically crush other inside fighters like Rocky Marciano and Mike Tyson.

Tyson would hurt Foreman badly and knock him out within 6 rounds. Tyson had the speed and power to find the openings in Foremans sloppy style.

Tyson was a faster starter than Frazier,he'd be able to load up on his own big punches to hit George with. Also,Tyson was more evasive than Joe. Too much skill, speed, and straight punching for Foreman. Tyson was a much superior two fisted assassin compared to joe frazier.
George Foreman had a great chin and might shake off Tyson's bombs. Mike Tyson had a good chin as well but didn't fight well when hurt. He let Lennox Lewis pound him for 8 rounds but didn't try to make a fight of it. George got off the canvas twice to finish Ron Lyle, while Tyson never got off the deck to win a fight in his life. I just don't see a way Tyson wins against George. Not just stylewise but psychological. George Foreman beats Tyson on both counts.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Rosco
alot of you like to point how how foreman's style was bad for tyson but alot of you need to remember how sloppy foreman was. tyson will have chances. I think Tyson's speed would of made the difference. Plus Foreman's defense was not that great.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

I think Foreman would be a bit freaked when Tyson rushes him. I just don't see Big George winning.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Zorro
Foreman is all wrong for Tyson. Even if prime Tyson fought "old" Foreman from the 90s, he still risks getting KO'd because he'd be right in front of him.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Foreman is all wrong for Tyson. Even if prime Tyson fought "old" Foreman from the 90s, he still risks getting KO'd because he'd be right in front of him.
Tyson would murder old George. If they fought in 1996, Foreman would only last a few seconds. Tyson would swarm over him like a pack of bees and leave him a bloody mess on the canvas.

I see where you're coming from; if you stand in front of Foreman you might as well sign your own death certificate. However, Tyson wouldn't pause and dilly dally in front of Foreman the way Michael Moorer and others did during the 90s. He would be throwing bombs. And he'd throw them so quickly that old Foreman wouldn't see anything coming.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Tyson has a better shot against Foreman than Frazier did. Getting inside would be no picnic, but all Tyson would need is one opening and Big George is on the canvas. Foreman's looping punches leave him open for counters.
Yea. In his prime Tyson had the headmovement to not even be touched by Foreman, who threw wide and slow punches. Tyson would counter Foreman's ass with deadly combinations if they ever fought

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

This fight could have happened in 1991 but legend has it that Tyson ducked Foreman. However, Foreman said on twitter that neither of them really wanted that fight.

Fan: Why did you never fight Mike Tyson?

George: One scared and the other glad of it. The boy could punch. Two punchers; I did not want him; his desire was pretty much the same. I did not want to fight Tyson; nor did he want me. Boy could punch.
https://twitter.com/#!/GeorgeForeman

Ironic because he used to constantly call out Mike Tyson in the late 80s/early 90s. Good thing the fight didn't happen because young Tyson would have murdered that old fat man. (No disrespect to Big George).

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Zombies Ate Me
I am now following Big George on twitter. Thanks for the link.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman

Looking at it now, I think Foreman was eyeing who ever held the throne. When Tyson was the champ, Foreman naturally called him out. When Moorer and Holyfield were the champs, he went after them, too. So it makes more sense now.

Re: Tyson V. Foreman