WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

This place was once a party, but I feel that we've basically discussed everything by this point. And there's a serious lack of posting during the last few months. Many of our most active posters don't even sign in anymore, and to keep a site running costs $. So I'm sad to say it, but it may be time to pull the plug.

Big thanks to everyone over the years that kept this place going! But it seems that everyone else has apparently moved on, so the moderators and I will move on as well.

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

Nooooooooo!

I posted a ton a little while ago & yes, folks did not respond.
How about this: write everyone who has been active, currently & in the past, & ask them if they want things to continue here.  If so, ask them two (2) questions:

1) Would you like to post, at least fairly regularly?

2) Would you be willing to chip in with others who will help you split the expense for say the next year?

Stress that there is no obligation nor pressure to pay anything.
But that you would really like to have an active community-if people are interested.

If you get even a handful of others to help spilt costs with you, that will make it a light obligation on everyone.
                                         Put me down as a "yes" for both questions.

Thank you, Mike!

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

This place was once a party, but I feel that we've basically discussed everything by this point. And there's a serious lack of posting during the last few months. Many of our most active posters don't even sign in anymore, and to keep a site running costs $. So I'm sad to say it, but it may be time to pull the plug.

Big thanks to everyone over the years that kept this place going! But it seems that everyone else has apparently moved on, so the moderators and I will move on as well.

I'm sorry to hear about this and personally apologize for being MIA. I'm just busy with my gym an grandkids. I don't get online like I used to. I don't have as much leisure time these days.

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

Westmoreland
I feel bad now. I found another forum I frequent that is busier and has more topics. Not to say that I don't enjoy it here but the past year and a half has been dull. But I agree that this place was poppin back in the day, easily one of the best boxing forums on the web.

If you close this joint down, can you at least leave some of the information up?

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

Zorro
I'll post more or contribute money. Whatever helps, AJ.

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

Thanks for your help, Mike.

Maybe things will pick up around here one day. From 2011-2014 this place was always jumpin'. After that things slowed, and it keeps slowing.

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

Joe Kingman
Administrator
I know and I'm sorry about not contributing the way I should have. Most of you don't know this (but AJ does) I was in a motorcycle accident two years ago and I'm still rehabbing and recovering from it. I haven't been online or had time to moderate the forum the way I once did. But I have more down time coming up and I'll be around more (that is, if AJ decides to leave the forum open).

-Joe Kingman

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

precious-1
Its a shame AJ but good luck with your career. I have been absent fighting my own battles but that's no excuse for not posting. I am not being the self-deprecating Englishman but so many knowledgeable posters on here who know the game seemed to have such descriptive knowledge and indeed 1st hand knowledge being fighters themselves. Mine in all fairness was only subjective opinion colored with a tinge of bias. I still think Joe Louis the greatest HW & I am proud of perhaps my one big prediction of Anthony Joshua becoming the real deal. He needs to fight Wilder though to prove conclusively he is the man. Signing off now its been a pleasure being at least a small contributor to my favorite boxing forum

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

precious-1 wrote
 its been a pleasure being at least a small contributor to my favorite boxing forum
Thanks, bud. Glad this place is your favorite!  I hope you win whatever turmoil you're going through. I'm still undecided on what to do but I'll let you all know.

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

Re: WE'LL BE SHUTTING OUR DOORS BY THE END OF THE WEEK

Joe Kingman
Administrator
Start posting regularly if you want this place to stick around.  Otherwise April 1 is the last day, gentlemen.

-Joe Kingman, Management