WWF Warzone (Video Game)

I remember how impressed me and my friends were when this game came out. At the time it was sensational with the create-a-wrestler options and different matches available (tag team, hardcore, cage, etc). It's quite limited and goofy now but back then it was impressive!

The game may be hopelessly dated now but the time period was a fun one.

*Stone Cold was the face of the company and aided by Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Kane and Mankind as main-event stars.

*Goldust was still a FREAK!!!

*Triple H and The Rock (still referred to as Rocky Maivia at the time) were still mid-carders. Triple H was in DX and The Rock was still in The Nation of Domination along with then-leader Faarooq.

*Owen Hart and British Bulldog have left us. Ken Shamrock and Ahmed Johnson were also fun characters.

*My favorite finishing move is "Sweet Chin Music." That kick comes from out of nowhere!

Fun times. I found this video of some of the wrestler rants. It's interesting to see The Rock in the early stages of developing his character, and well, good luck trying to figure out what Ahmed Johnson is trying to say! lol.

Re: WWF Warzone (Video Game)

Re: WWF Warzone (Video Game)

Zombies Ate Me
This WAS a good time for the company. The Attitude Era was the boss! The game was cool and I dust it off and play it from time to time still. I remember I used to be frustrated because you had to type a series of complicated combinations on the controller just to pull off ONE move. But the moves would come from out of nowhere as you said so the effect was worth it. Hearing Vince McMahon on commentary was odd though. He sounded like he had too much coffee.

Re: WWF Warzone (Video Game)

I used to like the tag team, cage and hardcore matches best. We used to slap each other silly with weapons. Good times. The next game, WWF Attitude, was a huge improvement though. The producers took Warzone's format and expanded it greatly.

Re: WWF Warzone (Video Game)

Here's an old interview with HHH and Chyna about the game.

http://paullfc2.tripod.com/DX_INTERVIEW