What Era of Boxing Would You Like to go Back in Time to Live Through?

What Era of Boxing Would You Like to go Back in Time to Live Through?

Will69
What era of boxing would you like to go back in time and live through and see first-hand? The list is probably long and all-encompassing for most of us, but what would be the top ones?

For me, I would like to relive the time from the early 90s and onward. With Holyfield on the rise, this was the first time Tyson had serious competition, at the same time his life was unfortunately coming undone starting with Robbin Givens. And it would be great to see Bowe come up the ranks and Foreman make his way through this new landscape. Also, I would like to see a rough Lennox and the Klits rise through the competition.

I was around at this time, but I was not as much into boxing back then as I later became. As well, the internet wasn't around, so I couldn't google to see matches online, so I'd have to see the fights at a sports bar or PPV which would be interesting. -I'd also like to see Jack Johnson perform during his peak.

Re: What Era of Boxing Would You Like to go Back in Time to Live Through?

For me it's simple.

I was a kid during the '90s when Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, Tua and everyone else was coming up. I even threw a fight party when Lewis fought Tyson, and I was watching live at a friend's house when Tyson bit Holyfield so I saw a lot of the big fights on PPV.  I'd like to relive it if possible. I was also a fan of De La Hoya.

I'd also like to see a prime Joe Louis dominate. Baer, Walcott, Galento and other exciting fighters were around then too.

Rocky Marciano's era was terrible but I would have liked to see him during his prime. Jack Dempsey was an aggressive slugger with popularity on the Mike Tyson level so I'd like to see that too.

Re: What Era of Boxing Would You Like to go Back in Time to Live Through?

I want to watch Rocky vs Vingo by the ringside.

There is only short video about it.

How did Rocky beat Vingo so badly...

I want to watch Rocky KO Jersey Joe Walcot by the ringside.

It is different as you can hear a loud 'thud' sound and thought Jersey Joe Walcott got killed.