Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

Will69
Which boxer or boxers, in their prime, would you like to have as part of your posse, to be your body guard?  My pick would be Fraizer.  Joe looks like a normal guy and seems nice, but the guy was tough as nails when he needed to be.  I would consider Dave Tua as well, but he's so scary, he would be too intimidating just being around him.  Same with Tyson.  Shannon Briggs might be a lot of fun to be around too, but he'd probably stand out too much with his wild hair.  The bigger modern HWs are just too big, and would look awkward hanging with you all the time.

Re: Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

Will69 wrote
Which boxer or boxers, in their prime, would you like to have as part of your posse, to be your body guard?  My pick would be Fraizer.  Joe looks like a normal guy and seems nice, but the guy was tough as nails when he needed to be.  I would consider Dave Tua as well, but he's so scary, he would be too intimidating just being around him.  Same with Tyson.  Shannon Briggs might be a lot of fun to be around too, but he'd probably stand out too much with his wild hair.  The bigger modern HWs are just too big, and would look awkward hanging with you all the time.
Joe is a good pick. Not only because of his size but the mere fact that he would like the job. In fact, he was the enforcer for a gang before he became a boxer.

There are so many good candidates for this - Liston was one scary mutha and actually had experience as a mob enforcer. He could be scary, plus he was strong and hit plenty hard. Tyson would be great for the job, too. Anyone he hits would go down fast. Honorable mention to Foreman, too.

Lennox Lewis, Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano have the credentials but they're not mean men overall so I don't think they'd do as good a job as the more aggressive types. Their hearts wouldn't be in it. You mentioned Shannon Briggs, and I think his colorful persona would be too distracting. He might get sidetracked promoting himself instead of protecting you. Riddick Bowe was too playful and he might call out sick too much and not take the job seriously.

My personal pick would be Vitali. I disagree that he would look awkward around normal sized people. You need your bodyguard to have a presence. Vitali is around 6'7 or 6'8. He stays in great shape and the guy can fight! He's also a smart and committed guy. You can't go wrong there. I could see him doing well as some type of Secret Service Agrent or something.

Re: Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

I always found this funny, but most people didn't even realize that Wladimir was the heavyweight champion at this time. No one recognized him but they knew his wife! lol. Some thought he was her bodyguard.

Re: Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

Will69
The video of Wlad is funny indeed.  He's actually smiling -perhaps because the cameras are not in his face for once, or he finds it funny that no one recognizes him or cares that he is a world champion. -I have to say, I can't imagine any of the Klits on a date, or trying to impress a girl, or being romantic...

Getting back to the bodyguard discussion, I guess it depends on what image you want to present to the world, and how much attention you want or don't want.   Having a 6'7" guy beside you could make you look like a baby.  But that guy would be a big deterrent in any case.  Having a mean-looking tough guy, like Tua with his pineapple hair, or blonde goatee may make you look like you hang around thugs.  Again, may be something you actually want, or don't want.

And I'm guessing there are several people, like Briggs, that may do self promoting, even if they are unaware of it.  I still remember that in the 80s, Prince had a big Amazon woman as a body guard. It looked odd to see diminutive and delicate Prince being followed by a giant Amazon woman. -Everyone was looking at her whenever he went to get an award or something.  Ali also had Mr. T as a bodyguard for a short period in the 80s too.

And finally, let's not forget about Holyfield.  He looks like a body guard!  Definitely friendly, but could stand up to anyone if necessary.  However, like you said, his heart wouldn't be in it, I think.

Re: Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

Prince had a woman bodyguard? I somehow missed that! Can you find a pic?

Re: Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

Will69
I just did a quick google and found nothing.  I hope I'm remembering that right - I'm starting to doubt it...  Anyone else have a recollection of prince with a big female body guard?

Re: Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

I’m a huge Prince fan so I’m surprised I missed this.

Regarding Holyfield, I totally agree with you. Sure he’s tough but he might get himself hurt trying to prove a point against big guys trying to come after you. I’d rather get an actual big guy. Plus Evander would have his Bible and try to minister to the people trying to hurt you. 🤣

Vitali to me is perfect. He isn’t mean. He isn’t nice. He’d be like a focused robot. No emotion. Huge, intimating and focused squarely on protecting you.

While we’re on this topic, I do think Ann Wolfe would make a great bodyguard if we’re considering women. She punches like a heavyweight contender and that would surprise those who try her.  Sometimes that element of surprise is everything.

Re: Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

Will69
Ann Wolfe would be great.  She's an amazing knock-out artist against other women boxers, but I'm not sure how she would handle a 220lb thug.  -As an aside, I asked my trainer about women boxers, and he said some women can hit as hard as men!  (Albeit, my trainer trains local regular people only).

In any case, the surprise factor of a female boy guard would be great.  Here's a question:  if a female body guard or bouncer wallops you, how would you react?

Re: Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

Will69 wrote
  I would consider Dave Tua as well, but he's so scary, he would be too intimidating just being around him.
Dave is a lazy ass man. I don't think he'd be on the job as much as you'd need him to be. Same with Riddick Bowe. Also Dave is more of a gentle nice guy. He might have somewhat of an intimidating presence if he wants it, but he's undersized and appears to nice in my opinion.

Re: Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

Westmoreland
Butterbean. Not joking. I would.

Re: Which Boxer Would Like to Have as Your Body Guard?

Zorro
Westmoreland wrote
Butterbean. Not joking. I would.

Well he definitely has a presence.