Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Bugs wrote
Go fuck yourself, dummy.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Bugs
Moejoe wrote

Go fuck yourself, dummy.
Eh....What's Up, Doc?

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Bugs wrote
This is a typical behavioural pattern for a superfical and uneducated person. Honestly.

When a person like that smells that someone stands alone with an opinion - even if something totally subjective is being discussed - this person is the first one that will crawl out of a whole and come up with pseudo witty phrases in order to feel superior.

No my dear friend, I'm not mad. I pity you. But in case this is your biggest success this year so far, enjoy it.
Lean on me when you're not strong. And I will offer you to turn the other cheek in 2014.

I don't believe that the GIFs you post can cover up the inner insecurities you go through (not that there's anything wrong with it - it's human).

One love.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

I dunno MoeJoe, his reply was simple & added no argument, but seemed harmless & not meanly intended.  FIrst you cursed at him, then put him down several ways & act like he is so damaged & you very paternalistic.  Yet none of your response seems to be coming from a "turn the other cheek/one love" persepctive.  This seems tacked on as an Ego defense mechanism.

I am a scold-carefully considered & restrained in keeping out personal venom-when someone is malicious.  Yet why are you so sensitive, I do not see Bugs as being nasty.  Now he made no actual argument, but did not respond meanly when you cursed at him either.  Seems like just a silly GIF, nothing personal against you.
Moejoe is nothing more than a troll. I remember once I asked him to upload an avatar (just so we wouldn't see a blank image for all of his posts) and the moron called me gay. Yep. He called me gay just for making a friendly suggestion.

It appears to me that Moejoe likes to dish it out but he can't take it. I've been requesting for Duggerman and the other admins to ban him. Hopefully this will be the final straw.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

I dunno MoeJoe, his reply was simple & added no argument, but seemed harmless & not meanly intended.  FIrst you cursed at him, then put him down several ways & act like he is so damaged & you very paternalistic.  Yet none of your response seems to be coming from a "turn the other cheek/one love" persepctive.  This seems tacked on as an Ego defense mechanism.

I am a scold-carefully considered & restrained in keeping out personal venom-when someone is malicious.  Yet why are you so sensitive, I do not see Bugs as being nasty.  Now he made no actual argument, but did not respond meanly when you cursed at him either.  Seems like just a silly GIF, nothing personal against you.
You might be right, but at the same time I can't do anything with provocative responses in form a pictures. A little more content would be helpful. I don't know if you can do anything with it when you're in the middle of a discussion that is rich in substance. Guess the best thing you can do is simply ignore, which I didn't.
His second response showed me though that it possibly was meanly intended (not personal - how can it be, he doesn't know anything about me), so I don't felt bad about cursing at him. But I realize that I reacted excessive looking back.

@ Greatest - To explain it again: The way you requsted it, it sounded as if you wanted me to post a picture of myself where I gave you response that seemingly offended you. It was over, so I don't know why you're bringing it up again. If you want to tell me that you're still interested in seeing pictures of me, I have to refuse your offer again and I repeat - I prefer to remain anonymous on the internet.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Maximillian
Moejoe wrote
@ Greatest - To explain it again: The way you requsted it, it sounded as if you wanted me to post a picture of myself where I gave you response that seemingly offended you. It was over, so I don't know why you're bringing it up again. If you want to tell me that you're still interested in seeing pictures of me, I have to refuse your offer again and I repeat - I prefer to remain anonymous on the internet.
And to explain my take on it again, it was uncalled for. You misunderstood me the first time, then you said I wanted you to post a half naked man as your avatar. I said no such thing! I don't care if you posted a tree. I just wanted to see something as an image when you posted. I actually liked reading what you had to say. I was just making a suggestion is all.

I'm bringing it up again because this shows what kind of person you are. You picked a fight with me and got that Riddick Bowe thread closed, and when someone does something to you that you don't like you cuss at them. You can dish it out but you can't take it.

And no, ain't nobody interested in seeing pictures of you.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Zombies Ate Me

This is beyond ridiculous now. Even the women on this forum don't bicker like this.

Back to the topic, of course Lennox knew Vitali would school him again. Thats why he decided to retire on top before he suffered a loss to a hungrier and younger opponent.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

There was a great analysis of the fight here, as well as an interview with the doctor that stopped the fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMjyJQClP8o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Man thanks for the post. It's evident to that Lewis was on the decline. They had some interesting things to say.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Maximillian
Lewis explained his reasoning for never fighting Vitali again in this video. What do yall think? good reasoning or bullshit?

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Rosco
Lennox had nothing left to prove. He beat Vitali fair and square and wasn't the fighter he had been. He was wise to hang up the gloves when he did.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

@ Max - Bullcrap in my opinion. Deep in his heart Lennox knew he would lose a rematch. That's why retiring was a wise decision. Not because he beat the crap out of Vitali - he didn't.

Rosco wrote
Lennox had nothing left to prove. He beat Vitali fair and square and wasn't the fighter he had been. He was wise to hang up the gloves when he did.
... and while it was a wise decision, I disagree with the rest of your comment. What does fair and square really mean? Lennox was behind on all scorecards, got hit with heavy blows and George Foreman commented that Vitali just had to hit him with a good combination in order to score a knockout over Lennox Lewis. Everybody was screaming for a rematch and Vitali would've been the favorite in the rematch.

From a sportsman standpoint, Lennox had something left to proof.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

redfeng007
He would gain more respect if he have fought the rematch.

Win or loss, at least he proved to us that he never ducked that rematch.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Evolution
Who even cares anymore? People are still harrassing Lennox on twitter about this very subject. Lennox retired 10 years ago (knowing he was past his best against a younger fighter with an awkward style) and Vitali retired last year. Both guys have moved on. Boxing fans should do the same.

I don't see why so many people are obsessed with seeing Lennox get beat up in a rematch. We know what the outcome would have been. If Lennox were confident in his abilities he would have fought him again. But age and ring wars had caught up with him by 2003.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

Who even cares anymore? People are still harrassing Lennox on twitter about this very subject. Lennox retired 10 years ago (knowing he was past his best against a younger fighter with an awkward style) and Vitali retired last year. Both guys have moved on. Boxing fans should do the same.

I don't see why so many people are obsessed with seeing Lennox get beat up in a rematch. We know what the outcome would have been. If Lennox were confident in his abilities he would have fought him again. But age and ring wars had caught up with him by 2003.
I couldn't agree with this more. People act like the Lewis/Klitschko fight was an alltime ring classic. It wasn't. It was exciting but it was a challenger approaching his peak (Vitali) and an out of shape heavyweight champion who hadn't fought in over a year (Lennox). You could compare it to the Louis/Marciano fight, just as Marciano was still getting seasoned and not yet at his peak and Louis was the same age as Lennox was for this fight. (37, almost 38)

The fight was good but not in Ali/Frazier or Bowe/Holyfield territory. It would have been a much better fight if both combatants were at their peak.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?

This is the debate that never goes away. I was talking to a friend about it recently.

OK. Vitali was winning the fight and deserves all the credit in the world. Honestly.

BUT this was not the lean, sharp, focused Lewis who beat Tyson a year prior. Lewis was noticably bigger than usual, trained to fight a different boxer (Kirk Johnson) and in my opinion underestimated Klitschko.

Look at the size difference of Lewis in both fights.

He weighed 249 versus Tyson and 256 1/2 versus Vitali. It's not an excuse but his lack of ring activity played a factor in his performance, along with the weight gain and Vitali's akward style. And the man was nearly 38 years old, fighting a man who was 31.

Here are some comments from british boxing experts after the fight, as well as interviews with Emanuel Steward and the doctor who stopped the fight.

https://youtu.be/RMjyJQClP8o?t=44m55s

NOTE: Whoops! I see I posted this link earlier in the thread.

Re: Who Would Have Won A Rematch Between Vitali and Lewis?