Wilder-Fury was a damn draw

It was a great fight. Fury is a real man for getting up from the two knockdowns, especially that bomb in the 12th round. But despite those hiccups, he should have won that fight.

Re: Wilder-Fury was a damn draw

From what I observe, once boxer get closer to their 40th fights.

That is when things get harder.

Undefeated Sugar Ray Robinson, Mike Tyson and George Foreman lost their fight.

Riddick Bowe almost lost to Holyfield and Andrew Golota. That is closer to his 40th fights.

Notice how hard for Rocky to get his undefeated heavyweight record.

His last fight to knockout Archie Moore at 49 straight wins.

Tyson Fury and Luis Ortiz showed Wilder that they are his true challenges after his 40th victories...

Could Wilder maintain his victories or started to lose?

Time will tell...

Both have lost their winning streak...

Re: Wilder-Fury was a damn draw

Will69
I loved the antics and banter in the pre-fight interviews.  Brings me back to the 90s.  And Fury making faces throughout the fight?  Hilarious!

In terms of the scoring, I thought Tyson was generally the better boxer, and may have edged the scores in the end.  He landed a lot more shots.  His head movement and foot work was fantastic for a huge man.  His defense was great.  Wilder was flailing around most of the fight, and looked uncomfortable throughout -but he always does, till he knocks you out.  Tyson clearly won most of the rounds, and one could even argue the final round where he was knocked down, Fury was still the aggressor much of that round (not sure how that would score though).  And Fury getting up from that 2nd knockdown with 1 second to go?  Straight out of Hollywood.

Wilder certainly has a solid chin for taking great shots in the head all night by a giant and staying upright.  But despite me thinking Tyson edged the scores, a small voice in my head of me says Wilder deserved a draw for those two Rocky-esque knock downs he laid on Fury.  And for this reason, overall, I'm not completely foiled with the decision.  And the fans get a rematch in the end!

Re: Wilder-Fury was a damn draw

Fury was sleeping good for almost 9 seconds.

Re: Wilder-Fury was a damn draw

precious-1
I really enjoyed the fight & have been proved wrong by Fury's boxing abilities & resilience. Being generous to the scoring as I could Fury won 114-112 with the 2 10-8 rounds but hey I ain't gonna say robbery. I just wish Deontay would not claim Fury got a long count, look at the official clock he was up at 9 & the ref was excellent. The 115-111 was just plain wrong, but it was ironic the British judge who sealed Fury's fate with a draw.

I still maintain AJ is the best heavyweight, he hits in my opinion as hard as Wilder & is a far superior boxer, a genuine 242lb man, KO for Joshua. Fury is way more awkward & would prove a tougher proposition for sure but if AJ had Fury down as Wilder did, AJ would have finished him with measured shots in my opinion. All that said I don't think I am totally convinced of my own opinion & if Fury goes the distance I would happily be proved wrong.