Wladimir V. Max Baer

This one is interesting. Surely a smooth boxer like Wlad has the reach and skill to make easy work of Baer. BUT Max was such a reckless and unpredictable fighter, plus he has more than enough power to destroy Wlad if he catches him good. Max had a great chin, so if Wlad knocks him out, it wouldn't come easy.

How does it go?

Re: Wladimir V. Max Baer

Evolution
Wlad eats Max for super. Max would be wide open for the left jab and straight right. Made to order for Wlad.

Re: Wladimir V. Max Baer

I feel that way too. And Wlad would have some reach and height on him. But Baer wasn’t a small man and if he lands a good burst of blows he could very well stop Wlad the way Sanders and Brewster did. But I think Wlad could stay out of trouble and get a decision with little difficulty.

Could Wlad KNOCK OUT Baer? There’s a question. Joe Louis was the only man to do so and it was only because Max infuriated him by hitting him after the bell. Other than that incident I don’t recall ever seeing Max on the ground.

Given Wlad’s lack of killer instinct, I say he gets a decision. I don’t think he’d throw the hammer. And you could argue that Max could take it if he does.

Re: Wladimir V. Max Baer

It's Dale
Wlad would be a fool to get knocked out by Max Baer. You could see all of his reckless wild swinging punches coming. Max may not get knocked out because Wlad wasn't aggressive and Max had a great chin anyway. But there's no way Max wins only he lands a magic punch. Foreman would be the real test for Wlad.