Your Favorite Fighter

I've always liked David Tua because of his quick and exciting knockouts. He reminded me a lot of Mike Tyson during his heyday. I don't know what it is, but something about Tua reaches me more than other fighters. Other personal favorites of mine include Lennox Lewis and Joe Frazier.

Who's your favorite boxer and why?

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

Maximillian
Muhammad Ali. He always found ways to win regardless of his opponent's style.

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

Smokin' Joe is one of my favorites, too. I even named my dog after that guy!!

What do you like about Frazier, Redemption? I get a kick out of how he grunts when he attacks you. lol. He's an exciting fighter to watch. He's swarms all over you like a pack of killer bees. He's a relentless aggressor, and his left hook could knock you into next week.

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

Shane
I forgot to elaborate. LOL. You basically summed up the reasons why I like Joe so much. His left hook was like a sling shot he launched over and over again. No matter what strategy you use, you're not going to escape it! Best left hook in the history of boxing.

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

I don't have a set favorite, but my favorite fighters to watch are Muhammad Ali and Joe Louis. My favorite modern fighters are Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield.

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

Malik Wright
Mike Tyson knocks.people.the fcuk.out.

I know I appear as a Tyson fanboy around these parks but I'm a big supporter of him. I'm more of a Tyson fan than a boxing fan. He's a fascinating brotha. Grossly Misunderstood and talented.

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

Evolution
Malik Wright wrote
Mike Tyson knocks.people.the fcuk.out.

I know I appear as a Tyson fanboy around these parks but I'm a big supporter of him. I'm more of a Tyson fan than a boxing fan. He's a fascinating brotha. Grossly Misunderstood and talented.
Mike was an asshole the last time I talked to him but he probably wouldn't be that way if I ran into him now. His thug entourage made it hard to get near him and continued what Don King and Robin Givens began by warping his mind. Damn leeches.

And that leads me to my favorite boxer Evander Holyfield. He's not just tough enough to beat anybody but he's a humble and friendly chap. Hanging out with Team Holyfield is the total opposite of hanging out with Team Tyson. Mike had loudmouth hoodlums screaming and acting foolish all the time. All that damn rap music gave me headaches. Evander never had a big entourage. He was a lot like Joe Frazier in the sense that he kept a small circle where everyone played his or her part in the corner. Evander and I used to spar to christian music. I had never heard of Yolanda Adams until I started working for Evander. Now I love her music. Bebe and Cece Winans too.

Wlad and Vitali are really nice guys. So is David Tua. George Foreman is nice but does not play in the ring.

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

49-0

For me it's The Brockton Blockbuster. Rocky Marciano had mental toughness that is missing today in boxing.

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

Malik Wright wrote
[...]

You should post more, my friend. As for me, some of my favorite fighters are as follows.

Roy Jones Jr (great friend of mine)

Muhammad Ali

Floyd Patterson

Joe Frazier

Evander Holyfield

Butterbean (yea, I said it! One of the nicest guys in boxing. It was great working with em' despite him knocking me cold more than once)

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

Kid Dynamite
BAD INTENTIONS wrote
Roy Jones Jr (great friend of mine)

Muhammad Ali

Floyd Patterson

Joe Frazier

Evander Holyfield

Butterbean (yea, I said it! One of the nicest guys in boxing. It was great working with em' despite him knocking me cold more than once)
Nice to hear Floyd Patterson get some love. He's my favorite fighter. I learned a lot from him when I was crafting my own style. He and Tyson both. Muhammad Ali was great, as was Sugar Ray Leonard.

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

Lately I haven’t been into Tua as much. I used to be a huge fan of the Tuaman and you know what? I still am. But over the last year I’ve been watching Louis, Marciano and Lewis the most.

If absolutely forced to pick I may say Rocky Marciano. The man was just tough, and not at all as crude as he looked. There’s just a magic about him. With his short size, short reach and clumsy feet, he should have never made it far in prizefighting, much less becoming heavyweight champion.
And he had freakish punching power for such a small guy. Considering his success despite all of his handicaps, I say he’s the greatest heavyweight of all time.

But I don’t think he was the greatest champion, nor was he the best fighter head to head. But the man was definitely special, all things considered.

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

If absolutely forced to pick I may say Rocky Marciano.  Considering his success despite all of his handicaps, I say he’s the greatest heavyweight of all time.

But I don’t think he was the greatest champion, nor was he the best fighter head to head. But the man was definitely special, all things considered.
My favorite is Evander and for very similar reasons. Evander was a small man with a "never say die" attitude. And he lacked the big punch of a Marciano. But he won some great wars against some great opposition like Bowe, Foreman, Tyson, Mercer, Qwai, Dokes, Holmes, etc. You could even argue that he should have won the rematch against Lewis in late '99.

Evander may have had more than twice the skill of Marciano but like Marciano, he was an undersized warrior that didn't let his limitations deter him.

Re: Your Favorite Fighter

Joe Kingman
Administrator
I like Ali. Tyson is my second fave. RJJ is my third fave.